Evangelizing

I was reading in a Church newsletter, that they were planning on inviting African Christians to come to our home town to be missionaries. Now hows that for a twist.

I think its forcing your views on to others. If they want to know about christianity, they'll ask.
Coming to my door and asking me to look at christianity will get u shot with a super soaker. Ok jk u'd I'd just not answer the door.

GP, I think you guys need to share them with the states
smile.gif

ouch Mech
sad.gif
lol  Just don't hesistate to answer when the most important visitor comes to call!

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.  Revelation 3:20

I think I would prefer no answer to a pit bull! It has happened, I love animals but my partner was terrified. Our church didn't normally keep list of our visits, but they wanted to this one week. In our haste to get back to the meeting, and considering the small space I had to write on this list, my note read, "Pit Bull, please send Preacher." He never let me live it down, nor did his staff!

well, noone wants to become a christian really... well some do. but most ppl don't. there's a fine line between forcing and nudging the subject in...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I think its forcing your views on to others.

Are you saying that they show up at the door, put a gun to your head and say "convert or die"? I don't think it happens that way. Most people exercise their free will and say, "no, now leave."

This thread made me wonder, Why do we go door to door? It is a stretch, I know, buuuuut, Jesus spoke with Moses at the door of the tabernacle. His example:

And it came to pass, as Moses entered into the tabernacle, the cloudy pillar descended, and stood at the door of the tabernacle, and the LORD talked with Moses.
And all the people saw the cloudy pillar stand at the tabernacle door: and all the people rose up and worshipped, every man in his tent door. Exodus 33: 9&10

Then in this verse going door to door is inferred when Jesus tells us to depart out of the house:

And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet. Matthew 10:14

As for people wanting to become Christians SA you are right. Nevertheless, God loves us, wants us, and woos us. That can be seen for one, by the verse that He stands at the door and knocks. Blaise Pascal said : "There is a God-shaped vacuum in the heart of every man that cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God the Creator, made known through Jesus Christ." Jesus will make Himself known to us! Consider all the doors in your city and the fact that few people go door to door. I think I would consider it a divine appointment when someone comes to tell me about Jesus paying the price for my sins! Sadly, we talk about the issue of evangelizing door to door, but I do not think that any of us have been overcome with people obeying the command to go out and preach the gospel! Present company excepted, of course. For I feel that is what we are doing right here!!! Now to figure out how to baptize them online...hmmm. lol Teasing, teasing, only teasing! In game does not count!
smile.gif

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19&20

When they come to your door and ask if u have a few min to talk with them, and u say no they try to give u a booklet about their church. And I took it once instead of saying no thanks (was trying to be polite) and guess who came at our door the next week to discuss what we read in the booklet.
If I'm interested in becoming a christian, I'm not going to talk to some stranger at my door, I'd go to a church or talk to a friend to see whats up.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gods_Peon @ Dec. 22 2004,8:28)]JW's are great at doing that.  What you described is exactly what JW's do.  But JW's are not Christian.
They're not? On what basis do you make the distinction? And are they a cult then?

I see people don't read my posts...
tounge.gif
 I wrote about the difference between trying to force people, and simply sharing the Gospel with them.

Mr. Bill JW's don't believe Jesus was God, that they believe God is in Heaven having spiritual children with his many many wives.

JW could be considered as one of the many denominations of christianity. But I guess this is going off topic.
But y share the gospal with someone who is not interested in it.

Agreed there are many many mormons and there just there. The thing is hcs is that. How will a little booklet in the trash help some one help to know the lord it wont and telling somebody at the door step wont help either because there going to forget the next beer they drink.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]But y share the gospal with someone who is not interested in it

Part of it too is the desire to share the joy, love, and shalom I have in my heart. It is something that no one here can give, these gifts can only come from God. With something that is so wonderful, why would I want to keep it to myself and not lead someone else to the same wonderful things?

think about this...
When someone finds a new restaurant, or movie, or video game, do they just keep it to themselves, or do they also share with others what they have found?

I have looked at a few examples of evangelizing and even seen a few things on the news/various tv shows about it. On one occasion I saw a man who truly did love God's Word; but I disagreed with his methods of going into a lowly area, and trying to invite people to church by telling them you're having a Church dinner for 5 dollars, and if you come I'll even buy your food. It just seems to be in poor taste, and I think it may give the christian image a bad one, due to the fact it makes us come off as very strong into pressuring someone into something and even attacking a weakness in their life. I do not agree with evangelizing; if someone could do it in a way that would win souls, rather than just temporarily fill up a pew...then it would be different.

Fruit is far greater than attendance.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]

Part of it too is the desire to share the joy, love, and shalom I have in my heart. It is something that no one here can give, these gifts can only come from God. With something that is so wonderful, why would I want to keep it to myself and not lead someone else to the same wonderful things?

think about this...
When someone finds a new restaurant, or movie, or video game, do they just keep it to themselves, or do they also share with others what they have found?

Would u like to come over and share with me my love of eminem and maralyn manson music.???

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Would u like to come over and share with me my love of eminem and maralyn manson music.???

Yes, you are inviting her to do so...but you can not force her to do so. So what, you blast your music through your cars uber stereo system down the the street, I roll up my windows because I don't want to hear it, and when you pass by, I roll down my windows again. And then I blast my Christian rock through my cars uber stereo system and if you don't like it, guess what, roll up your windows.

Its called practicing freewill.

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
Matthew 5:16

Now, that's evangelizing
smile.gif
 Walking the talk, and talking the walk, and walking the talk that you walk!  
laugh.gif

Look at those hits for the past couple of months on the server!!  What a ministry!

***edit***
God is so good! Just an hour after posting this, a daily devotional came in my email. It is pertaining to being an Evangelist and begins with the verse above I felt the LORD gave me!

Sermon in Shoes

I titled it thusly because a Sunday School teacher once taught on that subject, making footprints for art after her lesson. My heart thrills with the LORD, and you sermon in shoes, to me, the Evangelist of CGA
smile.gif

Back