Eternal Battlegrounds jumping puzzle

Koeril

I'm going to be giving a shot at the Eternal Battlegrounds jumping puzzle tonight (bear in mine I am in GMT+2) if anyone wants to come along with. From what I read it is the most difficult of all of them and I'll be alt-tabbing a lot to make sure I don't screw up as there are no check points per se (though there are different sections that you don't have to back track through if you fall). Expect to spend a good hour if not two from start to finish unless we nail everything - a perfect run is about 25 minutes. If anyone does come, it'd probably be easier to use ts3.

Anyways, I'll probably be getting on to do this some time around 10pm EEST (GMT+2) which is 3pm EST. I'll say something in guild chat for anyone interested.

*Edit* Btw, once you get to the jumping puzzles, everyone is fairly civilized and doesn't try to kill each other. Once we're inside, which is easy to do unless we don't own one of those keeps, we should be safe from other players ... I hope :D

Last edited:
I assume this is something you can only do once per character. Would it not be better to wait for 80 and have a lot of magic find% equipped so the rewards are awesome end-game level stuff?

Probably would be a better idea I suppose, but I love challenges like this. I'll do it anyways.

It is a fun puzzle. A few of us went through it yesterday. I have heard that this puzzle is one that can be done more than once, someone said once a day. I have not heard anything official on it, but it would make sense because it is a pvp puzzle.

I found an account on the internet of someone getting it a second time when showing someone else to do it. Unofficially they respawn every 24 hours.

*edit* Apparently, the beta forum said every 23 hours.

Last edited:
Thank you, good to know. I guess I will be doing it once a day then, as long as there are not too many intruders running around in there.

I forgot to consider all factors that would go into today. though I remembered them, I didn't think they would impact me so much - prayer meeting running late, calling my mom for her birthday, and an early rise for prayer walk (6am). I will need to reschedule, possibly as it seems I may not be able to log on at all today, I think.

4 of us attempted it yesterday. Personally, I suck at jumping puzzles. (really, really suck as several guildies can testify) and I did manage to finish the thing in a few hours.

The worst problem I see is that this is indeed a PvP jumping puzzle. This means the traps in the areas are triggered by other players that have made it farther along the puzzle and enemy "invaders" can attack and kill you. One of our party never made it to the final chest because they were killed in the middle of the puzzle. I made it and was killed by a player running after me a few moments after grabbing the end chest.

For the puzzle itself, there are 5 stages once you complete a stage you only have to start over from the beginning of that stage when you miss a jump.

1. The beginning area. You're traveling along ledges and running up hills to reach "the well". Climb up out of the well to reach the next stage.

2. Jumping from pillar to pillar and balancing along thin mesas to the next stage.

3. The dark room. Very very dark. Grab a torch on your way in, you'll need it. Navigate thru the darkness and avoid the flame traps.

4. The chandelier room. Jump from chandelier to ledge to chandelier to ledge to chandelier....well you get the point.

5. The home stretch. A nice flat plain like area that will seem like a piece of cake compared to the rest. There are some staircases and narrow ledges to jump around but the chest is near.

Wow, that's evil! :mad:

You think that is evil, yesterday I did it again(took me about 20 min), when I was on the last stage of the puzzle I started getting shot by invaders at the chest with a ranged knock back, preventing me from being able to stay on the small ledges. So, I couldn't finish it, but hopefully today I can get through without meeting too many invaders.

I can imagine this might happen a lot for a couple of people to just stand there preventing everyone else from finishing the puzzle and getting the reward not that I am complaining it is a pvp puzzle.

Last edited:
No comment on the puzzle, other than I'm super happy to see someone do a 23 hour wait for a once-a day thing. So annoying when it's 24. WTG Anet.

Back