Epic Weapons for Everybody!

I think 37 is too low a level for an Epic weapon. At least for a Hunter. :(

EDIT: I take that back. A Hunter could use both Dazzling Longsword and Bow of Searing Arrows. Of course, the Dazzling Longsword isn't much better than the Sword of Serenity, which I'm currently using. The bow, on the other hand, would be a vast improvement over my Shrapnel Blaster.

Still, it's not worth days upon days of farming for a 1 in 1,000 drop.

EDIT: Of course, Gut Ripper, Windtalker's Wristguards, and Icemail Jerkin look rather nice--and 40's not too far away for me. But still not nice enough to justify days of farming, or hundreds of gold on the AH.

Last edited:
I'm looking at how you get that weapon and, well... wow, you must've either been really lucky or really patient to have gotten that. Gratz I suppose.

Now, if only I would suck it up and do the painful quest I could have my epic(s): Rhok'delar and Lok'delar. Unfortunately, I simply haven't had the time or patience to do the quest lately.

Actually tek that bow dropped for me in the Badlands... 60 or so mobs into what i needed. It dropped before my quest item did... how about that lol.

Edit: I sold it for about 75g i believe.

Its pretty impossible to try to Farm for world drop epics, your better off farming something that sells well and buying the item. You could literally kill creatures for years and never see a purple (as I did for the first year the game was out).

As you pointed out as well, a lot of epic items aren't that great and static blue drops in a lot of the instances are on par if not better. As your leveling unless you have an excess of money its not really worth it to sink money into expensive upgrades, as a weapon at level thirty may cost 100g and in ten levels the average instance drop would be better.

World epic item drops are so rare so as to not count on finding them. I have found my fair share of them, but never while actually farming for them. Just this morning, I was killing some kitties in winterspring when Lifestone dropped for me. I've had this drop for me on my rogue in the Stratholme instance a few months back. I think all in all, I've seen 10 or so world epic items drop. They come, just don't count on them.

Most of the melee weapons tek posted are chance on hit, as a hunter chance on hit doesn't proc when your ranging. Look for stuff that has stam/agility +crit as weapons. Also every 5-10 lvls look at the AH for a gun/bow/xbow upgrade.

I am in need of some better gear....as of right now I am using Lifeforce Dirk and Barman Shank....while I am glad to have dual daggers I am up for anything that will help me hit harder, more often, and make me a better DPS Machine...Okay...I want to be a leather wearing tank....rofl...anywhose...Just let me know what I should do so i can be 733t.

Lilminihaha said:
I am in need of some better gear....as of right now I am using Lifeforce Dirk and Barman Shank....while I am glad to have dual daggers I am up for anything that will help me hit harder, more often, and make me a better DPS Machine...Okay...I want to be a leather wearing tank....rofl...anywhose...Just let me know what I should do so i can be 733t.

Lobotomizer is available for purchase when you hit exhalted with the av guys, so start grinding rep in there. The shanker is an awesome weapon till mc weapons (dagger-wise). As far as gear goes theres nothing better than inspecting other 60 rogues and seeing what they use and what you like.

The Lobotimizer is awesome, probably the best pre-mc dagger in the game. Their is also a new quest in Silithus with a nice dagger and sword reward, requires the head of Venoxis who we down pretty often in ZG, and the first boss in AQ which isn't that difficult.

Back