Encouraging thoughts and phrases

LionOfJudah

Member, Dreamcast Fishing Guru
Positive thoughts

There is so much in life I can’t control. But this is my life and I’ve decided to be happy. I can choose to be happy regardless of my other circumstances.

Happiness is a result of a decision to be happy.

Today is a new day, a better day, and worrying about the past just dooms us in the present

The only factor making you unhappy is your own thoughts. Relax, release them, let them go

Realize that you are just as important as other people :You can only spread yourself so thin before you’re no good for yourself or anyone else.

Make a scheduled time every day for relaxation.
Laughter is a powerful, positive medicine

Surround yourself with friends who are positive, encouraging, and helpful

When you stop to smell the roses, the world is just a brighter, happier, and more beautiful place to live

Concentrate on activities that give you joy.

Practice slow, deep breathing to calm your nerves

People are like stained-glass windows.
They sparkle and shine when the sun is out,
but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is
revealed only if there is a light from within.

There are too many ideas, and things, and people, too many directions to go. I believe the reason it matters to care passionately about something, is that it whittles the world down to a more manageable size.

Phrases to overcome negative thoughts.
WHAT’S IN THE PAST IS OVER, I CAN’T CONTROL IT, IT’S GONE, FORGET IT, THE PRESENT IS WHERE I WANT TO STAY

WHY AM I LETTING MYSELF GET WORKED UP ANYWAY? IT’S NO BIG DEAL!

Today is a new day, a better day

If God is for us, who can be against us. Romans 8:31b

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil 4:13

Those who know your name will trust in you. For you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you. Ps 9:10

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. Pr 3:5

besides the fact that i have never really struggled with the issue and i wrote it for someone i just met last sunday LOL sure why not ;)

Added to the phrases to combat negative thoughts.
Dot be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9c

Surely I am with you till the very end of the age- Jesus

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me Lord. Ps 23:4

“Today I have made you a fortified city, For I am with you and will rescue you” declare the Lord Jer 1:18a,19b

Application page now added.

Ways to help reduce anxiety

Deep breathing: When anxious, we often take shallow breaths. We feel like we aren't getting enough air, and get more anxious. If you focus on breathing deeply and slowly, this cycle is interrupted and the body and mind begin to relax.

Progressive muscle relaxation: We also tense our muscles when anxious. Consciously relaxing your muscles will help your body and mind relax

Reduce distractions: Distractions are additional stimuli that increase arousal. Explore ways to reduce the distractions in your immediate environment, e.g. sit in a back corner of the room, take a sweater so you aren't distracted by being cold, change seats if you are distracted by the person sitting next to you.

Positive self-talk: Purposefully filling your mind with positive statements about yourself and your abilities can offset or crowd-out the negative self-talk. Even if you don't believe the positives, say them anyway

Sleep: You certainly won't perform well on an exam or in an event if you are nearly asleep!!

Be healthy: If you are physically and emotionally exhausted, your body and mind are less able to tolerate stress and anxiety. You can improve your resistance to anxiety by getting adequate rest, eating appropriately, and taking care of your physical health.

Take Breaks: Breaking the study into smaller, one hour, or half hour, time units and inserting a break in between the sessions of study can be helpful in maintaining productive activity and providing a much needed rest or time-out. The few minutes break offers you a chance to stretch, it allows you to focus and concentrate on a reasonably sized package of information, and allows for some sense of progress on a regular basis.

Physical Activity helps: Symptoms of stress or anxiety can be worsened by drastic changes in sleep and eating routines, but they can be diminished with some physical activity like walking, swimming, or skating.

Avoid Negative News: Avoid people who like to pass on disturbing "news."; Stop watching the news on television. How does it help you or anyone to know about deaths, danger and catastrophes; Stop reading newspapers and news magazines “Look over a newspaper. Is there anything good on the front page? Rather there is murder and sudden death, disagreement and catastrophe. And even that, bad as it is, is sensationalized to make it seem worse." — L. Ron Hubbard

Relax: Act stupid for a minute. Let down your hair. Stop being so darn important for a while. Be a goof!

Back