Dungeon Defenders 4-Pack anyone?

I was going to wait on a sale, but the Portal gun pre-order bonus has me re-thinking that plan.

I may still wait for a sale, but if I crack and decide to pre-order the game, I'll be sure to let you know.

Gator (my brother) and I would like to buy 2 copies from you. :]

I have a feeling we're going to have more than 4 ToJ members pre-ordering Dungeon Defenders, so if all 3 of the extra copies of ewok's set are claimed, let's keep this thread going.

I'm still undecided. I can't remember the last time I bought a game at anything approaching full price on Steam.

Looks like they changed the pre-order price from $8.99 - $13.49 (I think it is now bundled with 'blue coins' now...at least it is on some of the pre-order sites)

Tek, you HAVE to get it. It will be worth it even without the Portal gun, but look at all those gameplay scenarios that open up with it.

Every single stat is recorded right down to how many arrows you shoot. I am guessing we have a few stat junkies?

Dungeon Defender Thursdays anyone? =D

Looks like they changed the pre-order price from $8.99 - $13.49 (I think it is now bundled with 'blue coins' now...at least it is on some of the pre-order sites)
Wait, what? They raised the price? And what are these "blue coins" you speak of? That sounds suspiciously like in-game currency in a free-to-play game.

EDIT: Nevermind. Blue Coins are exclusive to GamersGate, which I don't use anyway.

Tek, you HAVE to get it. It will be worth it even without the Portal gun, but look at all those gameplay scenarios that open up with it.
My gaming budget is very, very restricted right now. I could just barely afford to download Xonotic. :p

Dungeon Defender Thursdays anyone? =D
As long as I can reserve one Thursday a month for staff meetings, certainly. :)

At this point, I'll probably wait for a 50% off sale, even though the Portal gun is mighty tempting. It's the sort of pre-order that may keep me from ever buying the game (since there's only one opportunity to get the pre-order goodies and I'll likely have to pass), but I wouldn't be surprised if they release it as $2 DLC in a few months (and then I probably wouldn't buy the DLC until it went on sale, too).

I understand the concept behind pre-order bonuses, but my single-player backlog and my range of multiplayer options are extensive enough that I don't feel like I have to buy any game at launch. Not even Portal 2 (which I bought after it went on sale). Not even Yakuza: Dead Souls.

I'm that frugal.

Now I just wish there would be decent sales on PSN more than once a year. Oh, Steam, how you have spoiled me.

Last edited:
They didn't raise the price. It is still the same 10% sale on steam since it went on preorder. I think he is referring to the announcment of the pricing back a few months ago.

Also the blue coins are just credits for Gamersgate.com, a great retail site for video games that I highly recommend you add to your shopping options.

BUT, the Steam preorder bonuses look way better then Gamersgate, D2D and Impluse ones.

Also I have not bought it yet, still trying to decide, I really want UT3 as well to play with the ToJ peeps but cash is low right now. Also I want the MtG 2012 xpac.
$10 a piece for the DD 4 pack is a great price considering the $15 launch price. I don't see an xmas sale getting much less then $10 this year.

They didn't raise the price. It is still the same 10% sale on steam since it went on preorder. I think he is referring to the announcment of the pricing back a few months ago.

Also the blue coins are just credits for Gamersgate.com, a great retail site for video games that I highly recommend you add to your shopping options.

BUT, the Steam preorder bonuses look way better then Gamersgate, D2D and Impluse ones.
My edit wasn't fast enough. :)

On the topic of online game stores: I've only purchased games from Steam (mostly because of the sales), GOG.com (mostly because of the "no DRM" deal), and Humble Bundle (again, no DRM). I'm also willing to buy from Indievania if the price for a game is as low as Steam. But that's it so far.

Also I have not bought it yet, still trying to decide, I really want UT3 as well to play with the ToJ peeps but cash is low right now.
UT3 is $10.86 right now on Amazon. If you're going to pick up one or two more items, you can get free shipping, too. If and when you get a retail copy, you can plug the CD key into Steam and download the Steam version.

Otherwise, I'd recommend waiting until the Unreal Deal Pack goes on sale again.

Back