DSL question,

Actually i think i finally found the culprit(s):

DSCN0197.jpg

DSCN0200.jpg

Basically that phone was hardwired to the splicer/repeater thingy in pic2 so unless i took a very fast crash course in telephone wiring, there was no way i could attach a filter to it or even want to for that matter so i took that off. i also disconnected a couple spliced lines that we dont use in the house to try and increase the signal. apparently the phone comes into the house from outside to my work room, and from there is spliced to the basement and from there is spliced again... so yeah, my grandpa wasnt worried about degradation of quality in the late 1940s >.> . im letting my stuff run all day and see what happens.

if you really need that phone, which I'm guess you don't, you could always call you phone company and have a tech come and trim out the really out dated terminal block. I've done it personally before, but I have the tools for trimming a terminal block. Here it's fairly inexpensive for a tech to come and do a quick fix, specially if you know right where to have them look. Just and option.

Actually i think i finally found the culprit(s):

DSCN0197.jpg

DSCN0200.jpg

Basically that phone was hardwired to the splicer/repeater thingy in pic2 so unless i took a very fast crash course in telephone wiring, there was no way i could attach a filter to it or even want to for that matter so i took that off. i also disconnected a couple spliced lines that we dont use in the house to try and increase the signal. apparently the phone comes into the house from outside to my work room, and from there is spliced to the basement and from there is spliced again... so yeah, my grandpa wasnt worried about degradation of quality in the late 1940s >.> . im letting my stuff run all day and see what happens.
call vz and have them install a NID. That's what you are actually supposed to have instead of a terminal block.

heh, ya it looks like we'll do that and call either tomorrow or monday. as people may have noticed on ts i was gettin dropped very frequently and im outa ideas

i called to cancel the service and they said i cant do it because of holiday but i can do it tomorrow. they also said my resistance in the line was enormous and the noise was off the charts :D .

Back