DS Games

ppar3566

Ok I am sick of my 2 hour commute to work everyday on over crowded trains so I brought a DS to help me pass the time more peacefully. So far I brought Resident Evil and My Word Coach.

So I was wondering if all you NDS Fanboys/girls could list your top 5 DS games for me?

Hotel Dusk :D Not a lot of replay value though.

I'm a crosswords nut, so if you like them, they can be really good for a commute. The best one IMHO is The New York Times Crosswords. Maybe it's just that I played it first, so I like the way it works the best.

Both of these you can save and quit at any time.

Here's a list of DS games that I'd personally recommend:
  • Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
  • Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
  • Chibi Robo: Park Patrol (WARNING: Addictive!)
  • Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
  • Mario Kart DS
  • Mr. Driller: Drill Spirits
  • NEVES
  • New Super Mario Bros.
  • New York Times Crosswords
  • Planet Puzzle League
  • Soul Bubbles
  • Space Invaders Extreme
  • Tetris DS
  • Wordjong
  • Yoshi's Island DS
Games marked in bold have most of their value in multiplayer, but some support download play (meaning that if you want to play the game against another person, they don't have to own the cartridge).

EDIT: And yes, Hotel Dusk is an excellent adventure game, so I second Ember's suggestion.

Top five eh?

1) Megaman ZX - Good action, map system sucks.
2) Mario Kart DS - Awesome game.
3) Advance Wars: Days of Ruin - Liking the story and gameplay. :D
4) New Super Mario Bros.
5) Speed Racer DS- Surprisingly great.

Thanks guys. Im most certainly going to try some of these out and you have confirmed some that i wanted to get anyway so that is good.

Cheers

Mine would most definitly be Animal Crossing: Wild World

theres sooooo much to do, and the best thing is that when you get home from riggin up your town all nice, you can invite friends to your town with the online play

Mine would most definitly be Animal Crossing: Wild World

theres sooooo much to do, and the best thing is that when you get home from riggin up your town all nice, you can invite friends to your town with the online play
Yes! Animal Crossing! My very first DS game. :)

If you're a Final Fantasy fan, or if you missed it the first time around...

You can get FF I & II for the GBA, which will work in the DS. You can get FF III for the DS.

I have Rune Factory now, too, which is fun if you like sims. It's a "Fantasy Harvest Moon" game.

ETA: Oh yeah, and a lot of other retro/old games are available for the DS. Dr. Mario, Impossible Mission (added content), Namco Museum (Pac-Man, Galaga, Xevious, Dig Dug II, Galaxian, Mappy, and Tower of Druaga), Super Mario 64 DS (added content)

Last edited:
Back