Druid, Pally or Warrior MT?

The amount of hate they generate is calculated before damage mitigation, the major component of rage generation is based on actual damage taken. Which is why presheilding warriors is a bad idea in 5 mans

It just doesnt make sense that the uberest gear has lots of armor, therefore raising their damage reduction and in turn, making them easier to heal.

It just doesnt make sense that the uberest gear has lots of armor, therefore raising their damage reduction and in turn, making them easier to heal.

This is true, but, they are not taking enough damage to maintain an adequate amount of rage to be effective at their job. Which is also why most warriors are going arms\fury so that they can take more damage to maintain adequate rage.

It just doesnt make sense

This is probably the most accurate statement to make when discussing Blizzards outlook for warriors.

If you look at past patch notes you will also note that Blizzard updated the rage generated by warriors by an extra 20%. I have witnessed this as making it almost impossible when tanking large bosses not to have a healthy amount of rage buildup to spam taunting hits such as Devastate. I also noticed last night in Khara that during a boss fight, while watching KTM, that.. every time after the five sunders were applied...devastate ability upped my aggro level .5%. I could literally spam devastate only with its low rage cost (10-15 rage) and maintain such a huge aggro that no one could keep up with it. Not to mention that most tank gear has a large amount of Stam gear added to it, so that my normal HP is over 11K now unbuffed in tank gear. this being said I have found that for multiple mobs it is far easier for pallies to maintain aggro and tank, but for a single elite boss it is far wiser to allow a prot specc'd warrior to tank and make use of their large HP count, rage generation for spamming devastate\shield bash\heroic strike, and shielding abilities. I ma not saying this can't be done by other classes, but rather that it would be far more effective\beneficial to the group as a whole. Pallies that are specc'd for tanking are so set on proving themselves to others that they tend to forget that the prot specc'd warrior has been doing this job for a good amount of time now and has it down pat for the most part, and that we need to focus on what's best for the group, not for their ego's. (not meant in any way to burn any of you pallies, I've seen Tebran and Mirakle tank and they are very effective and have learned their roles well...I'd say anyone interested in learning that pally role should contact them and look up to them for what they have accomplished)

Back