Druid Healing....

That really is a good article. The post-2.1 druid really is an entirely different style of healer than anything else with all of the HoTs ... it requires being preemptive and the whole "maintain a stack" skill. And definitely there are some fights when I beat (or come close) to beating the pallies, priests, and shammies on the heal meters, and others when they wipe the floor with me (especially when they're taking advantage of an extra +175 heal on the tanks thanks to my ToL buff :p ). But anyhow, if you learn to heal like a druid and not try to heal like a pally or priest ... it's more fun and it can be very powerful.

I agree...I levelled a disc/holy priest to 70, a resto shammy to 70 and a resto druid to 70. The heals are very different and how you play them are very different as well. Although I enjoyed my resto druid, I have respeccd my druid to balance/resto so that I can be a dps/utility/offhealer because when a run doesn't need a healer I still wanted to be able to go.

What I learned about druids is that they don't "spam" heal like a holy priest or shammy can. When you "spam" heal you end up drawing so much aggro you'll never get rid of it. They are indeed a preemptive healer who will quickly run out of mana (and get waay to much aggro) if you try to play them like a priest. Their biggest strength is the fact that they can keep steady heals over time but can still do instant heals if needed. I find them to be the most versatile healer as they have heals over time..a front-end heal paired with a heal over time...an instant heal..and a heal over time with a heal at the end...also the ability to make the target's HoT's an instant heal (swiftmend?) if needed. The biggest weakness that I could see is that they aren't very good group healers except when they have to save everyone with tranquility (which rocks btw..just is overpowered and has far to long of a cooldown to use for regular group heals) When you get a druid and priest together who can trust each others heals it makes an incredible pairing!! (I think that in instances such as Gruul's and SSC each of the healers bring something to the table and there should be room for priests, resto druids, resto shammies and pallies as they all have strengths that compensate for the weaknesses of the other classes)

Last edited:
I recently specced resto and absolutely love resto druid healing. My only other healer was a pally, and the change of pace from FoL spam with an occational HL is refreshing. I also love the ability to effectively heal multiple people at once. It is a blast to be more engaged in a battle aside from watching health bars, figuring out when to pre-emptively heal boss aoe damage, random bombs, etc.

Figuring out how to solo heal the second boss in sp(normal) at 62 was a total blast. Looking forward to the lifebloom healing goodness.

Add in the fun of avoiding death in 5 man pugs. Learning the uberness of a well timed battle rez. Soon the joy of frustrating opponents in pvp while healing nearby allies.

Druid healing ftw

Druid healing is fun for sure but very different from regular healing. I know for myself once i went ToL i never put any talents in Healing touch, i extremely rarely have used unless its a mis-click :) For healing heroics like this you just gotta do things like natures touch+regrowth+swiftmend, that should give you a min 6-7k heal in seconds and if you lucky a much bigger heal. Remember swiftmend can crit, 6K swiftmend is my highest so far, not bad for swiftmend being an instant :)

normal healing involved having some lifeblooms going and always Rejuvenation going. Reason why i always start with a Rejuvenation is that if something happens unexpectedly you can always quickly swiftmend for a big heal then. As long as you picked the +50% to crit for regrowth it goes from a to much mana spell to being very handy as it will crit most of the time. Rolling lifebloom stacks is handy if you main healer or healing someone consistantly taking damage other wise its nice doing a stack and letting it time out for the big heal at the end, a lifebloom with 1 stack has the same effect as a life bloom with 3 stacks for the final heal, so throwing one stack on everyone in the party is great when everyone is hurt but not to bad, also the final tick with the big heal at the end goes under the person you heal not you. So the downside it won't show up as your healing but you also don't get the healing agro from the big heals at the end either :)

Sounds fun, makes me want to roll a druid.... oh wait, I don't have time to play the characters I already have..... :)

I think one of the biggest disadvantages with druid healing is when other healers don't understand that a rejuv + 3 lifeblooms can bring someone back up to full health, but it takes a few seconds.

When you get your HoTs on someone, and a priest comes behind you a does a greater heal, and your HoT's tick away not doing anything, it's a moment to sigh and shake your head :)

Back