Drop Tailoring?

pbshaver

not sure why I took tailoring skill on a shammy, I guess I was thinking that gathering cloth was easy and it would be an easy skill to lvl. Well it has been and really cost me nothing to get to the mid 200's but it is useless to me! So here is why the thread is being posted...

Here are my internal debates and I would like to get some insight as to what others think...

I have a alt miner/engineer and I love the gadgets, with the mining skill already on the alt I could just farm mats on him.

I think that lvling a JC would be a great addition to my enchanting as I eventually approach end game.

And then there is the gather skill debate.. I could just spend a few days killing low lvl trash and build skinning and make money...

Any way, please discuss.

And here comes my classic, non-answer answer:

Really, do whatever makes you happy.

hehe. As for the reasons behind what I would do in your shoes:

Drop tailoring. It's virtually useless to you - the only thing you can make for yourself would be bags, which any of us are willing to do if you supply the mats.

Engineering: I wouldn't take it, but I never enjoyed the gadgets. I forget to sue the trinkets I have.

Jeweling: Nice money sink. The recipes at the high end are horridly expensive, as is crafting from 270-300. There are some *really* nice patterns that are Bind on Pickup (Bind on Craft, really), so it's never a bad way to go.

Skinning: Good source of income all the way around.

I second Durruck's thought to do whatever makes you happy. :)

Personally if I were you, I'd drop tailoring and taking a gathering profession for the cash. Mining would be good so that you could supply mats to others to make gear/weapons for you. Skinning is good since you'll be killing things anyway. Herbs can go for good amounts in the AH as well, or be traded to the Alchemists in the guild for potions for yourself. So there are quite a few options available if you go that route.

Back