Downtime

rizz

My PC went "belly up" as of two days ago. Im using my old one at the moment. Its in the shop to be repaired. I think a simple fdisk and bios flash will sort it but i have to wait sometime for it to be done.

All the stuff i was doing when this happened is postposned. Please email me if you have any questions i should be able to pick up email at rizz_rat@yahoo.co.uk still.

Personal points...
1. Tek im gonna need the ftp pw again.. x_x
2. The Mohaa chapter staff /will/ be sorted as soon as i get up again. Sorry to those that got cut off.
3. CS chapter stuff should continue but tourneys wont be organised for a bit.
4. Member applications should continue as normal.

Ouch! so we gotta pwnz up rizz befo his comp gets bak
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

I feel your pain. I just had to reinstall windows to get a video card installed. I got your email before I started and I am off on vacation next week and will have a ton of free time so I should be able to add in the additional fields to the join form without a problem.

Plank: cheers i have asked someone on the council to keep you up to date with the discussion on the new application form. we are going to be changing it a lot.

deadaim: heres a brief encounter...

1. Installed new HDD.
2. Whenever i was using a program that required heavy graphics or processor load the pc would just reset all by itself.
3. removed the HDD.
4. pc randomly just crashed to the old "blue screen" after about 5 mins of use regardless of what i was doing.
5. Reinstalled windows.
6. Blue screens not so frequent now but everything kept shutting down due to a bad dll... gdi32.dll

unfortunately thats a core dll for winxp.
i could have fdisked and done everything from scratch but i was getting really annoyed with it so i just took it into the shop to get it done professionally.

O no! rizz When u installed the new HardDisk Drive, did u change the new one to Secondary Disk? If it isn't changed to Secondary, (since the first one has the windows OS) it is likely that computer will confuse between 2 drives causing it to crash. O and I strongly DO NOT recommend reinstalling windows (im pretty sure u just went on reparing section (where it reinstalls windows ontop of it).. I did it, and it even made it messier.. well hope it'll be bak and be as fine as it was...

If it wasn't the secondary selection that caused the problem, im assuming that it was a bad script from a webpage, a program, or another source that allowed it to penetrate to ur comp.. I've made the similar mistake, so i hope anyone else does it :X
tounge.gif

Back