Downloading GW

robinhood94

Hey guys, I remember reading somewhere in our forums about a way to download GW in a way that makes loading area like cities and explorable areas quicker on the first load. Can someone refresh my memory or post a link to the forum if it still exists? thanks!

Think that would be adding "-image" on the EXE's properties so it downloads the full game.

Just make sure to take if off once it runs, otherwise you won't be able to play GW

That or I could create a second shortcut for play and keep the custom one for when new builds come for GW. and btw, hehe, sorry about this, but I have never used team speak before for GW, could some one help me out with that some time?

robinhood - I used the method Stc and Keero are talking about when I got a new computer. It worked great.

I don't think you need to worry about keeping both shortcuts. As new builds come they don't change the past build - you won't have to download the whole thing again. So there is really no need to have both on one computer. It is when you get a new computer or reformat your computer - and you would not have the file anyway.

I keep two shortcuts on my desktop. I like to use the -image shortcut from time to time so I don't have to wait for a map to load if there's been an update. It won't download the whole game each time, it'll just go through and update all your maps.

OOooh! Cool tip. I've heard of this before but had never tried it. Thanks for asking the question, robinhood.

I keep two shortcuts on my desktop. I like to use the -image shortcut from time to time so I don't have to wait for a map to load if there's been an update. It won't download the whole game each time, it'll just go through and update all your maps.

That's what I do, one I have called play, the other download updates.

There's an even better way. The database is hovering between 2-4 gigs. use the -image switch then copy the gw.dat file to an external drive. the next time you have to reinstall..you do the install install of the client. shutdown the client after install. copy the .dat over..and your reupdated. copy the .dat once a week to keep it current..:)

Back