Dota2

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
So is anyone playing Dota2?

I've been in the beta for weeks yet but have yet to play a single game. If the Dota2 community is anything like the LoL community, I'm not interested in learning the game with strangers.

I've been playing it, and too much of it. I have never played LoL but the Dota 2 community is packed full of profanity and vulgarity. It's basically 50,000 unsupervised and anonymous teenagers at any given time.

I've been playing it, and too much of it. I have never played LoL but the Dota 2 community is packed full of profanity and vulgarity. It's basically 50,000 unsupervised and anonymous teenagers at any given time.
I see. So it's a step up for the LoL community.

Still waiting for my beta invite, but now that they are charging for a beta invite I know I won't be getting one.

Yeah, LoL is a really bad community.

As a quick little thread hijack....

Super Monday Night Combat is a DOTA style game that is improving but lacks a lot of players

Matchmaking is still having problems but they are improving the game and it's getting better.

And it's free and playable now!

To my surprise I just got a DOTA 2 beta invite in my email this morning!!! I submitted the request probably 4 weeks ago. I honestly didn't think I'd get one since they are charging for invites now. Maybe I got in because I applied before the announcement?? I don't know. Hooray!

Id like to be playing more DOTA but i have no one to play with =(

Add me if you guys want my steam ID is UncaPetey

EDIT: it is better than the league community, still haters every once in a while but most games ive played people are constructive and helpful.

Last edited:
Id like to be playing more DOTA but i have no one to play with =(
I'd still like to play a Dota2 match some time, if only to see what the fuss is about.

I have a link to my Steam profile in my forums signature. Add me if you'd like!

What exactly is DOTA 2?

Dota 2 is the sequel to the Warcraft 3 mod that spawned League of Legends and Heroes of Newerth and their contemporaries... there are NUMEROUS guides and How To videos all over youtube and whatnot

Back