DOTA2 - My impressions

Icthus

Well, special thanks to Ewoks for the beta invite. I am not sure who else is playing but I thought I would drop a note on first impressions.

1. The graphics look really good.
2. Content is massive
3. Learning curve is more of a cliff. Wow so much information and data.
4. Game play is choppy to me. It really feels incomplete. But it is a beta.
5. Players are not very good. I have played 4 games and won all three because I know how to stay alive.
6. Team matching is not very good. I have been stuck with European, Asian and Latin American team mates and I am only searing USA East. Also the level match is not good.
7. Game is a great deal of potential.
8. Voice chat in game is a winner all the time.

I really wish there was a better game intro or better way to learn the game. Right now I am using third party sites to get my info (this does seem to be the wave of gaming). I have really enjoyed League of Legends. This game is much larger, more dynamic, has better features and is still in Beta.

I am impressed at this point. I am about a week into the game so my opinion will change I am sure.

Yay! :D

I can't wait for the game to officially launch so I can try and get more people, like my brother, to play it. I like Dota2 a lot. Seeing others enjoy it makes me happy. :)

Yea, MOBAS always have a steep learning curve so there never really is an easy way to ease into it. I did play a lot of the original DOTA in college so I know at least some of it, but there's a lot of info overload in the game.

As I've posted elsewhere, switching from LoL to Dota2 is going to be a hard sell to people who've invested so much time, study (yes, study), and money into LoL.

I'm not one of those people, though. I'm only interested in playing MOBAs to socialize with ToJ members. Left to my own devices, I'd probably skip the genre entirely.

So if you all need another Dota2 player some time and don't mind carrying a n00b, send me an invite on Steam!

Back