Does your church have a theme and if so, What is it?

Wolfeman

Each year, my home church unveils a theme for the year. We try to focus around that theme for the year. Sunday school lessons, VBS, conferences, contests, outreach efforts, etc. Our theme for this year is "To be like Jesus" with 1 Peter 2:21 as the verse we focus it around. Five years ago or so, our theme was "Church the way it used to be". As a missionary, I like seeing this theme pop up in various churches because it tells me so much about their music, Bible, teaching/preaching style and more. It makes it a lot easier to tell if that's a church I want to visit or not.

This year one of our supporting churches is using the theme "Each one Reach one" with the idea that each person in the church is responsible for reaching (at least) one person. Telling and showing them Christ and salvation, getting involved in their lives, inviting them to church and helping them to become a part of the church. The idea is that each person, not just the pastor or other memebers of leadership should be involved in growing the church through their individual actions and efforts. (With CGA's recent problems with low forum participation that might be a good thing for us to try as well)

Does your home church have a Theme it uses? Does it change that theme each year or keep going with the same one? Does it change that theme each year or just keep going with one theme? What is your favorite theme?

Our theme is
Encounter God : Embrace People : Serve the World
It has been a constant theme and not changing at this point.

The Salvation Army (my church) used to be "Heart to God, hand to man." Unfortunately they changed to "Doing the Most Good". I understand where they were trying to go, but I, like so many others, preferred the old theme.

For a long time ours was Worship. Serve. Go. Maybe that's still the theme. But the mission that's being talked about a lot right now church-wide is, "to glorify God by making disciples through the Bible and relationships."

For a long time ours was Worship. Serve. Go. Maybe that's still the theme. But the mission that's being talked about a lot right now church-wide is, "to glorify God by making disciples through the Bible and relationships."
I was getting ready to post this, but Ember and I go to the same church and she beat me to it.

So.

Yeah.

Glorify God by making disciples through the Bible and relationships.

Back