Do you ever feel that the bible is bull?

Why thank you Ma'am...
smile.gif

Eon

Mantorok, Chattur'gha Xel'lotath Ulyaoth stuff was from Eternal Darkness.

Klaatu Barata Nikto, thats from Wind Waker Tingle I think.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Klaatu Barata Nikto, thats from Wind Waker Tingle I think.

Huh? Wind Waker Tingle?  That's a funny one.  Never heard of it before.  
rock.gif
But you could be right. It may have been re-used in that movie. It's sort of a famous movie line.

My response to Eon was merely a humorous response to his 'seemingly' non-sensical sentence.  Taking Eon's well versed, and highly intellectual mind into account, I assumed he has probably seen "The Day The Earth Stood Still" and that he was probably well aware of the infamous line from the movie.

Well, you'll notice I didn't shoot you - thus precipitating the end of the world, Gort. ;)

Eon

when i typed eons reply into google i got info about a game for gamecube.

gods, crystals

put this here, go there

hehe

sealcomm

Well, yall lost me completely!!!
tounge.gif
I'm not sure what any movie line has to do with the seriousness of the beginning of this link. We have a brother in serious trouble!!!
sad.gif
Why are we now moving this topic to something irrelevant???
rock.gif
Shouldn't we as Christians be trying to help this lamb get back to the flock??? WWJD???

He was named after Mantorok - the Corpse God who imprisons the Ancients in Eternal Darkness: Sanities Requiem.

He was never serious - he was only here to troll.

Klatu Barada Nikto was the secret code to control the alien robot in the movie "The Day the Earth Stood Still."

Back on subject. I was listening to a sermon this week and we looked at this verse.

In it david is singing praise to the Lord.

As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless.

He is a shield for all who take refuge in him.

-2 Samuel 22:31

What did you want to tell us by posting that verse? Did you have a point to it or something? Did you bold "word" or did it come bolded? I'm just wondering what your post had anything to do with previous on-topic posts.

Ahhh! I see.
The word of the Lord is flawless...said by a man who demanded God to slay his opponents in all the violent, bloody ways he could think of. Said by a man who was a man after God's own heart, but sadly turned to corruption before begging redemption and dying a life with bloodstained hands, both on and off the field.
Not exactly the greatest example to look to for advocating perfection of God.

Ultima, why the negative attitude? What is your point? Do we rip out half the Psalms because they are written by David? One of the powerful things about David's writings is they are REAL. They are from his heart. If he was happy, he shouted with joy and excitement. When he was hurting, he cried out to God. After the sin with Uriah and Bathsheba, David was in agony for months. And amazingly, we get to witness that point when he is confronted with the sin and asks forgiveness. No, he's not perfect, and we can learn from his mistakes. But there is also a great deal to learn from the positive things he did and from the powerful words God granted him to write.

It's just...saying our Guide isn't garbage by using the words of a man who was NOT a great example of following God's will (and prominent in the Bible, at that) may not prove that the Bible is not bull.
It isn't, but still.

Back