Do you dislike your character's name?

Kagnus

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=2512090701

We’re happy to announce that through the wonders of modern gnomish engineering, you are now able to change your characters’ names. Finally, you can turn the moniker that seemed like a good idea at the time into something more befitting your true standing in World of Warcraft.

Visit Account Management to begin the paid character-name-change process. The fee is $10 per name change. As with our recent addition of voice chat to the game, this feature is being rolled out across all realms in several phases. The first-phase realms are listed in this forum post. Enjoy this new feature and the subsequent effect that your bold new name will have on friends and foes alike.

Aerie Peak
Altar of Storms
Alterac Mountains
Andorhal
Anetheron
Anvilmar
Archimonde
Arygos
Black Dragonflight
Blackwing Lair
Dalaran
Dalvengyr
Deathwing
Demon Soul
Dentarg
Doomhammer
Duskwood
Executus
Gnomeregan
Haomarush
Icecrown
Jaedenar
Kel'Thuzad
Khadgar
Lethon
Mal'Ganis
Norgannon
Onyxia
Scilla
Sentinels
Steamwheedle Cartel
Tanaris
The Venture Co
Thrall
Turalyon
Uldaman
Undermine
Ysera
Ysondre
Zuluhed

Blizzard is brilliant. So for almost the price of 1 month membership I can change my characters name? Excellent business decision. I may actually consider using it at least once, but most of my char names I am happy with.

Fabulous idea. I don't know how many characters I've deleted and rerolled because I didn't like their name. ;)

Between this and the upcoming hair/look changes, this is going to make starting a new character much more fun. :D

LOL - yeah, having that bank character that I decided to play with a bit (and eventually leved up to 35) - this will allow me to disguise a small amount of my noobness and allow me to play him a bit more without feeling embarrassed by his 'Bank' name :D

Maybe we need to make our guild motto "Our Guild's Bank toons can beat up your Guild's Bank toons"

Maybe we need to make our guild motto "Our Guild's Bank toons can beat up your Guild's Bank toons"

ROFL

In addition to the name change feature, they should consider a race change feature so that no player will be left with any regrets by the time they level past their own deletion/recreate threshold. :p

Last edited:
Back