DMT?

target45

Hey guys! Umm...I just watched a video explaining what was DMT and that REALLY freaked me out. How can I explain it? What does it do to you? Are evil spirits involved? Sorry I scare someone else with this post but I just don't completely understand. Thanks

Hey, target45. I'm with Keero - I have no idea what you are talking about. Maybe you can explain. I'm pretty well versed in issues regarding the Bible, Christianity and the issues we face, but I have never heard of DMT. And, rest assured, you are not going to scare anyone.

This forum is designed to raise an issue and then ask, "What does God say about...this?" While we obviously look at our own opinions and what we have to say about it, the one that really matters is what God has to say about it. We'd love to discuss it with you. Tell us what you are talking about.

After some research, I'm guessing that you are talking about:

"Dimethyltryptamine (DMT, aka "The Spirit Molecule"), a molecule found throughout nature, within humans, and potentially existing in every living organism. A compound that commonly produces mystical states"

I know nothing more about it than what I found by googling it. I think anything that puts us into a position of not being in control should be avoided, other than allowing the Holy Spirit to be in control that is.

Evil spirits? I don't know, but it does seem as though by taking this drug, it would open a person up to that.

What does it do to your body? This is what I found:

"Dimethyltryptamine dose slightly elevated blood pressure, heart rate, pupil diameter, and rectal temperature, in addition to elevating blood concentrations of beta-endorphin, corticotropin, cortisol, and prolactin. Growth hormone blood levels rose equally in response to all doses of DMT, and melatonin levels were unaffected. ... Psychologically, the DMT experience can be overly-intense, potentially causing overwhelming fear and difficulty integrating experiences ..." ~Wikipedia

"When the chemical enters the brain, it interferes with the normally occurring neurotransmitter called serotonin. Serotonin serves many functions in the brain, from regulating moods to assisting the brain in the way it processes information. ... serotonin plays a role in how people sense reality" ~ Drug Substance Encyclopedia

Not something be messing around with.

What does God say about this ... Ephesians 5; Galatians 5; Romans 8 would be good chapters to read.

Christ says: "Remain in Me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in Me" (John 15:4-5).

If something else is in control - then we are not remaining in Him.

Wow! That was perfect zippy! Thanks so much in taking the time to do all that resaearch!
Sorry Abba San and Keero that I didn't completely explain myself. Read Zippy's post :)

Last edited:
I think evil is always looking for easy ways to influence you. Taking drugs (any drug) certainly opens the door.

Oh and just to let y'all know, I was watching videos on the rubix cube and then somehow found a video trying to explain the forth dimension. (lol). And then there was the video on DMT "the spiritual molecule" in the suggestion box thingy. I was not intentionally looking up drugs or anything. I had no idea what a horrible video I was about to watch. I hate YouTube!

as with any drug, but especially hallucinogens, prescription only. Don't want to mess with it. As for whether an altered conscious state makes you more susceptible to sin that is for you to decide, but we do have a commandment against drunkenness. So yeah agree with the above posters, drug use can make you do crazy stuff.

Thanks everyone! I am NOT considering taking it AT ALL but I was just very freaked out by the video (also it was getting late lol) and wanted to understand what it was. Thank you brothers and sisters!

Last edited:
lots of videos try to exploit and portray something in as inflammatory a way as possible. So don't get freaked out, you did the right thing: seek answers and opinions.

Back