DKP

brootis

DKP Loot System.

Starting on Tuesday October 25 2011, Team Brootis will be switching full time to a modified DKP system. What does this mean to you? DKP Stands for Dragon Kill Points, and is a useful system for gaining loot while raiding. There are several ways to earn and spend DKP (listed below). The two mods we will be using are WEBDKP and ItemLevelDKP; WEBDKP allows raid leaders to award and charge DKP, ItemLevelDKP allows anyone to see the DKP cost of the item in question.

How do you use it?
When an item drops that someone will want the Loot Master will ask in Raid who wants the item. If someone wants it, they will say in Raid that they wish to have that item, whoever has the highest amount of DKP at that time will be given the item and charged the amount that ItemLevelDKP suggests. (Exceptions if any are on the list below.)
DKP is not transferable between toons, players, characters, friends, relatives, inanimate objects etc.

Raid DKP Cost and Loot prices
On time - 10
Stay until end- 10
Standby DKP - 10
10 Man Content - 35 per boss
25 Man Content - 45 per boss
One shot/Guild first –an additional 10
Feasts – 1 per
Cauldron (One time award per raid) – 20
Off Spec items and Items only useful for only one person cost half the DKP cost. (These may not be combined)
Head Banging (Progression attempts without downing) every hour the raid will receive DKP as follows; For the first hour 35 DKP, the second Hour the Raid will receive 50, and the Third Hour 75. No DKP will be given after that.
If an alt is asked to come over a main spec toon, that main spec will receive standby DKP.

Raid Loot Policies
• If the raid leader has forgotten to set master looter ... PASS on all Blue or Purple items.
• Master looter set at blues and above... if you get a green off a mob, you keep it.
• No green upgrades. If a raid item drops that would be an upgrade to a green, you will generally be given the lowest priority for loot distribution. Prior to raiding, you should have spent the time working on your gear to upgrade everything to level-cap rares or epics. Talk to an officer if you're having trouble doing this.
• Disenchanted purples go to the guild bank. If you need some Enchanting Mats contact an officer.
• All BoE epics will be handled as if it was dropped by a raid boss. If the item does not benefit any raid member the item goes to the Guild Bank and the officers will make an announcement to all Guild Members that the item is available. All epics will be DKP cost for epics that are handed out.
• Priority to all loot is given based on primary spec > secondary spec > non-spec but usable. For example, a melee leather headpiece would go first to rogues or feral druids main specs, then to feral druid secondary specs, then to resto/balance druids.

DKP Updating
• DKP is updated via WEBDKP (Mod) as the raid progresses, and will be updated every night by the raid leader to WEBDKP.com
• Players may ask how much DKP they have while loot is being rolled on, or during down time.
• If there is a dispute, bring it as soon as possible to the Raid Leader who was awarding the DKP
Standby DKP:
in order for you to receive your standby DKP, you must:

• Send "wl add" in a whisper to whoever is handling the wait list

• Be available for a call into the raid at anytime. You have a 5 MINUTE window to do so. Failure to respond in a timely manner will cause you to forfeit your standby DKP.

• If you are going to log off, whisper whoever is handling the waitlist and ask for your DKP as it will be awarded to you at that time.

• If you are on until the raid is over; everyone still on the wait list should receive their standby DKP after the end of the raid.

• If you are in another guild raid that does not award DKP. you will not receive standby DKP as you should be getting gear from said raid. If/when that raid ends and you want to get back on the waitlist for standby...send another wl add to get back on and your timer will start from then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just FYI, this will apply only to team brootis for now. team fierce's members have agreed by majority to stick with a more open loot system.

considering mains are expected to stay on their respective teams and only sub an alt to another team, and both teams are in agreement with the system their team is using, I'm fine with it. this is only the beginning and is easy to change later.

Even though it's just for 10-man raiding, I'm definitely for the DKP system simply because attendance was a bit of a problem over the summer. This way, those that do attend regularly are rewarded and those that don't... QQ :p

Less fussing imo. Fair is fair.

Btw Brootis, does this mean that we're using DKP for tier pieces also now, or are we still rolling on tier?

Even though it's just for 10-man raiding, I'm definitely for the DKP system simply because attendance was a bit of a problem over the summer. This way, those that do attend regularly are rewarded and those that don't... QQ :p

Less fussing imo. Fair is fair.

Life isn't fair. Some people's 'attendance' is hindered because of life. Not because they don't want to be there. I've personally never been a fan of anything attendance based in this game. This game is not a priority as much as I would love for it to be. (My opinion of course) I think it should be considered when rolling....for example the shield dropped and Azami and I both wanted it. I personally made the choice to give it to azami without rolling because I know how much time and effort he puts into helping the team....I wasn't forced in any way..aka attendance award trumping my skill/roll/being there consistantly but not in time for on time dkp (see what i mean?)

We've used the system before and it was fine, but as in any there are flaws. Flaws for both rolling and DKP. I've suffered both ways. Lost a roll on a piece of loot I was waiting for forever to someone who showed up for a raid twice and never came back (that's when, as a team and family the personal choice should be made to give that item to the one more deserving of it)...and having someone new roll against my negative DKP (because of offset gear) take an item I had needed for a very long time. (and that happened more than once) <---This may not be such a problem anymore though simply because there seems to be a more consistant roster...that hiccup in the DKP system may not even happen now.

Like I said...all of this is my opinion and experience with both.....and I feel better when I lose to chance.

Last edited:
I agree with Sheckle to an extent. As I have went back though out all my years of gaming and be a part of a guild that has had DKP (Dating back to EverQuest) through raiding with Redeemed and other guilds in WoW, DKP works for large raiding groups really well, but as the groups get smaller it is not as effective. In fact the best system I seen was the group loot. I know it sounds scary, but if we can't trust a group of Christians than maybe we have other issues.

I raided with a group of people for a while that just left it on group loot and everyone knew that if you needed for Main set, you clicked need, if you needed it for alt set you click greed, otherwise the Disenchanter would get it and DE it. Sure there were mistakes and small issues, but for the most part it worked extremely well and I would say most of them were no believers.

This does something else as well… frees up the RL to just lead and not worry about loot. This was a huge thing for me when I lead, I hated doing loot and would rather focus on the raid and the strat so there was as little wait time as possible. There was enough to worry about to not add in the looting issues. I know I found the webDKP, but it was in hope to speed up loot handing out... beings the loot counsil was taking far to long.

Last edited:
I agree with Sheckle to an extent. As I have went back though out all my years of gaming and be a part of a guild that has had DKP (Dating back to EverQuest) through raiding with Redeemed and other guilds in WoW, DKP works for large raiding groups really well, but as the groups get smaller it is not as effective. In fact the best system I seen was the group loot. I know it sounds scary, but if we can't trust a group of Christians than maybe we have other issues.

I raided with a group of people for a while that just left it on group loot and everyone knew that if you needed for Main set, you clicked need, if you needed it for alt set you click greed, otherwise the Disenchanter would get it and DE it. Sure there were mistakes and small issues, but for the most part it worked extremely well and I would say most of them were no believers.

This does something else as well… frees up the RL to just lead and not worry about loot. This was a huge thing for me when I lead, I hated doing loot and would rather focus on the raid and the strat so there was as little wait time as possible. There was enough to worry about to not add in the looting issues. I know I found the webDKP, but it was in hope to speed up loot handing out... beings the loot counsil was taking far to long.

I like this idea. Efficient.

Life isn't fair. Some people's 'attendance' is hindered because of life. Not because they don't want to be there. I've personally never been a fan of anything attendance based in this game. This game is not a priority as much as I would love for it to be. (My opinion of course) I think it should be considered when rolling....for example the shield dropped and Azami and I both wanted it. I personally made the choice to give it to azami without rolling because I know how much time and effort he puts into helping the team....I wasn't forced in any way..aka attendance award trumping my skill/roll/being there consistantly but not in time for on time dkp (see what i mean?)

We've used the system before and it was fine, but as in any there are flaws. Flaws for both rolling and DKP. I've suffered both ways. Lost a roll on a piece of loot I was waiting for forever to someone who showed up for a raid twice and never came back (that's when, as a team and family the personal choice should be made to give that item to the one more deserving of it)...and having someone new roll against my negative DKP (because of offset gear) take an item I had needed for a very long time. (and that happened more than once) <---This may not be such a problem anymore though simply because there seems to be a more consistant roster...that hiccup in the DKP system may not even happen now.

Like I said...all of this is my opinion and experience with both.....and I feel better when I lose to chance.

Yes, life isn't always fair and, especially from my experience, there have been rolls that are quite unfair as well. Though this is a Christian guild, some of the times that there have been rolls like yours against Azami, the person who won wasn't quite as generous as you sadly. Christians are still human, nonetheless, and we all still have human tendencies. I'm not encouraging the behavior but it is the sad truth. I know of a couple of people in our raid that have felt rather luckless in the rolling system and had not received anything in weeks, if not months, though showing up loyally without complaint except for a few whispers to friends of understanding.

Regarding off-spec gear, I agree that it does seem a bit unfair for being charged on something of mandatory cost because you're the only one that can even use the gear. However, I still find it more fair to get gear than to not get gear at all, especially by a rolling loss to someone who has shown up to raid only one day in 3-4 weeks since for example.

Life does have its demands and I can say that I have missed out on a couple of raids because of it (being a college student and all), though I'd be happy to know that those who have been attending more than I have will be given their gear rightfully over me, particularly if nothing has dropped since for them, because they deserve it above all else. I would hate to take that joy away from someone who has been banging their head against the wall every week. More than likely, I would have given the gear to them anyways but their accumulated amount of dkp may simply take the stress away from them even thinking about the possibility of me keeping it, say off of a roll. There may also be less mitigating in whispers of who really deserved the gear.

I think it'd also be best to note that the rules state that raiders are not only awarded for showing up, but also for their contributions to the raid (cauldron, feasts, headbanging, etc). Again, I can't emphasize how much I think our raiders that contribute the most to the cause deserve to be awarded.

Many of our raiders have discussed the possibility of a DKP system for weeks and have been anxious to see its implementation. Their requests have been answered.

Last edited:
Though this is a Christian guild, some of the times that there have been rolls like yours against Azami, the person who won wasn't quite as generous as you sadly.

Are you calling me greedy?

Are you calling me greedy?

LOL hahaha I'm sorry Azami. I worded that poorly.
*ahem ahem* In situations LIKE what had happened with Psyrin and Azami, yada yada yada... other rubbish I said.
Azami is not greedy, period.

Forgive meeeeeeeee!

Last edited:

Very well put. This is kind of how Fierce's team is running right now, but still with the master looter on.

In general, we all are raiding for fellowship, fun, and yes - loot! I used to get way caught up in distribution of loot, fairness, and etc. I'd get upset when I felt I was wronged, and sometimes even when I knew it was fair and I just didn't win. I didn't like being that way, and I made a change. I realized that, when I woke up the next morning, I felt exactly the same whether I won or lost loot the night before. I could log in the game and have just as much fun with or without the new loot. I learned that it is NOT A BIG DEAL to me. I learned that what is important to me is having fun while playing the game (not possible when sulking over lost loot), and being part of an epic group of people and sharing that fellowship. When in that mindset, loot arguments look rather silly.

To be honest I like losing rolls to a teammate...it's when it's to a new person who doesn't raid often that it gets to me.

Either system has it's up and downs.....and some people just have terrible luck :p I think it should be up to the team for what system to use :) which is what i think has happened....so cool beans.

<3 you Mehl...you and all your feasts. I agree those who contribute should be rewarded for sure....but I don't think attendance is one of those things. That's all I was really getting at.

When me and Skjota were playing rift, both of us were put in leading positions. I am pretty sure the loot system we used was his idea, so I will say it is and then say i really enjoyed using it. The basic concept of the looting system was that you got 1 roll a week for main spec. you could roll on main spec items that dropped, and if you got it, your roll was used up and you were not allowed to roll again until everyone else you competed with got an item or no one else wanted it. We were working with plenty of unchristian people and having pretty much no problem with the loot system. If you want to act unChristlike in this system, I have absolutely no problem calling you out. You ignore Christ and get mad and leave, or you can repent and we can move on as a community of believers. I would suggest we implement this for both teams.

When me and Skjota were playing rift, both of us were put in leading positions. I am pretty sure the loot system we used was his idea, so I will say it is and then say i really enjoyed using it. The basic concept of the looting system was that you got 1 roll a week for main spec. you could roll on main spec items that dropped, and if you got it, your roll was used up and you were not allowed to roll again until everyone else you competed with got an item or no one else wanted it. We were working with plenty of unchristian people and having pretty much no problem with the loot system. If you want to act unChristlike in this system, I have absolutely no problem calling you out. You ignore Christ and get mad and leave, or you can repent and we can move on as a community of believers. I would suggest we implement this for both teams.

You guys sound like you did an awesome job in creating your loot system. Props :)

Back