Disbarred

Does this mean gamers have a new holiday to celebrate?

Your lack of pity does not stop those who supported his cause from either finding somebody to replace him, or rising up themselves. Just because he was disbarred doesn't mean what he stood for will also come to a stop.

Your lack of pity does not stop those who supported his cause from either finding somebody to replace him, or rising up themselves. Just because he was disbarred doesn't mean what he stood for will also come to a stop.

I never said it wouldn't. I'll just have twice as much lack of pity for the next guy.

On a related note, what's half of zero?

Agree with his position or not, I would hope that we would all be as passionate about our position and believes.

Agree with his position or not, I would hope that we would all be as passionate about our position and believes.

There's a difference between passion and an obsession. Jack Thompson took any violence he could find and blamed them on GTA and other violent games (no matter how appropriate or inappropriate). He didn't look at the evidence to see where it would lead, rather he bended and shaped the evidence to fit his view. He was completely obsessed with proving his case. That's not being passionate, that's being foolish, ignorant, arrogant, and idiotic.

There's a difference between passion and an obsession. Jack Thompson took any violence he could find and blamed them on GTA and other violent games (no matter how appropriate or inappropriate). He didn't look at the evidence to see where it would lead, rather he bended and shaped the evidence to fit his view. He was completely obsessed with proving his case. That's not being passionate, that's being foolish, ignorant, arrogant, and idiotic.

Jesus said that by taking up his yoke, we would come under the same scrutiny and harshness from the world around us. How different are we from him?

Jesus said that by taking up his yoke, we would come under the same scrutiny and harshness from the world around us. How different are we from him?

Like I said, Jack Thompson pursued his obsession by being foolish, ignorant, arrogant, and idiotic. He wasn't after the truth.

We, as Christians, are after truth. We see that the historical, Biblical, contemporary, and scientific evidence leads right to Jesus Christ. We've studied it carefully. We've seen how Jesus changes lives. We've seen him work in our own lives, changing our paths and our thoughts and our desires. We are passionate, yes, but our passion lies in the truth that is Jesus Christ. Our passion isn't rooted in folly.

Like I said, Jack Thompson pursued his obsession by being foolish, ignorant, arrogant, and idiotic. He wasn't after the truth.

We, as Christians, are after truth. We see that the historical, Biblical, contemporary, and scientific evidence leads right to Jesus Christ. We've studied it carefully. We've seen how Jesus changes lives. We've seen him work in our own lives, changing our paths and our thoughts and our desires. We are passionate, yes, but our passion lies in the truth that is Jesus Christ. Our passion isn't rooted in folly.

Your assumption is that those who are not christians see our passion as also not being rooted in folly. Take a look at your position from one who does not believe Jesus Christ is the savior and that the bible is nothing more then fairy tales.

Your assumption is that those who are not christians see our passion as also not being rooted in folly. Take a look at your position from one who does not believe Jesus Christ is the savior and that the bible is nothing more then fairy tales.

There's a difference between human wisdom and divine/Biblical wisdom.

With Thompson's tirade, there's only one type of wisdom to be had. When the world looks at Christians as fools, we know they CAN'T understand--we can only pray for them to receive the new wisdom that only Jesus offers.

Note: I'm not calling Jack Thompson's faith into question. I'm simply stating that the choices he made were FAR from rooted in Scripture and instead rooted in human wisdom.

Last edited:
Back