Diablo

Odale

Diablo...

... is a game where you venture into Hell and fight demons, etc etc. Since Jesus already did this and fought for our sins to be removed...
is this a game Christians should play? Are we mocking Jesus by this?

Yes, if you play Diablo.... it's the unforgivable sin. /s

I'll be back

Thanks Lloren and Bowser. My sentiments exactly.

Odale, I'm sure you were asking seriously - it is just that we get this question about so many different games.

Nutshell response:
"Everything is permissible for me"--but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible for me"--but I will not be mastered by anything. 1 Corinthians 6:12 (NIV)

"Everything is permissible"--but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible"--but not everything is constructive. 1 Corinthians 10:23 (NIV)

You decide - for you - between you and God - and don't go forcing your stance on everyone else.

I've been thinking about starting a sticky about various games with all the obvious and appropriate answers:

If it sears your conscience - don't play it.
If your parents tell you not to - don't play it.
If it is leading your little brother astray - don't play it.
If it keeps you from worshiping God - don't play it.
If it is separating you from God in any way - don't play it.
If it causes you to question your salvation - don't play it.
If you see the devil (or any of his minions) when you play it - don't play it.
If you are spending 40+ hours a week doing it - don't play it.
If it is causing you to do/say/think stupid things - don't play it.
If it is not a game any more - don't play it.

Last edited:
Yeah I was being serious.

I do normally have the opinion of "It's just a game." But this time you're in hell defeating demons, etc.

Thanks for the thoughts haha.

Sounds like the old Doom - but probably better.

Oh wow, I never thought of it like that. Yeah, Doom was kind of a dark game. I enjoyed it, but I can definitely see where someone might have issues with it. I can see it in Diablo, too, but it just doesn't bother me at all.

Yeah I was being serious.

I do normally have the opinion of "It's just a game." But this time you're in hell defeating demons, etc.

Thanks for the thoughts haha.

Sorry Odale. I thought it was a funny. Good point though about the activity of a game. I agree that we should question our motivations and actions for doing something (aka, test every spirit). I can think of a bunch of types of activities that if they were included in a game I would for sure steer clear.

Oh wow, I never thought of it like that. Yeah, Doom was kind of a dark game. I enjoyed it, but I can definitely see where someone might have issues with it. I can see it in Diablo, too, but it just doesn't bother me at all.

That was decades ago and I can still hear those guys crawling around saying, "Let me out. It hurts."

*edit* my son just told me that was Quake

Last edited:
Your seriousness is not appreciated, sir.

Please be less serious in the future.

Back