Diablo: Reaper of Souls expansion

Bowser

Tribe of Judah StarCraft Series Chapter Leader
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/reaper-of-souls/

Most of us have gripes about Diablo III. As is Blizzard philosophy/tradition, it looks like they're changing everything up again and directly addressing many of the complaints fans and players had about D3.

Namely, there are going to be more Account Bound items to address the issue of buying anything/everything e.g. power gear on the Auction House.

They're also creating more randomized content (thank you!!).

Actual end-game content in the form of Loot Runs and Nephalem Trials (I don't know what these are but I assume the Loot Runs may be an infinite dungeon or a dungeon with random bosses/encounters in it - the Nephalem trials sound like an Arena type event, or maybe a scripted event similar to a boss encounter but one that you can do directly from town)

The Paragon system is being completely revamped

And of course items and quests are being added, items are being revamped (especially legendary and crafting), and a whole new storyline is in place (although I was surprised it was only 1 act - Act V)

here's the press release: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/press/pressreleases.html?id=10697951

What do you think?

I'm not a huge Diablo fan, but I do like and enjoy the game, and I like to play it in my free time (esp. now that I have my desktop back!). There are a lot of fun elements to it, and I've found that the majority of everyone's complaints can be solved by playing HC.

Just started playing again myself and then this comes out. Very cool. I agree, that cinematic is awesome.

I turfed my old wizard I made at game launch and restarted with a DH. Just killed Maghda and still having fun. Love the voice acting on the male DH.

Direpath-1852 is my Bnet tag if you want to add me. I play erratic times and am bouncing between this and GW2.

I laughed pretty hard, sir. Good one!

It gives them a chance to fix the game as it was a complete epic failure in every conceivable way. /sarcasm

Seriously, D3 wasn't a bad game, it just never lived up to the hype or to D2. A Diablo game should be a manifestation of the best dungeon crawler you can play, and D3 wasn't that - so I'm not sure that it lived up to the Diablo name, either.

This is their chance (and possibly their only chance, you know how gamers are) to fix what they missed.

I'm not a huge Diablo fan...

694.png

Last edited:
I stopped playing D3 cause they had no paladin.

This Crusader might be close enough to play again, eh.

Back