Diablo III

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Discuss Diablo III in this thread.

Post your Battle.net BattleTags here.

Copied from the I've preordered Diablo 3 thread:
Does anyone know how to change a private game to public. I began my play through as a private game but I'd like to finish as a public game with some of you guys. But I can't figure out how to turn my private play through public....

Help.

While in game, hit ESC to open the game menu, and click on the 'Open game to public' option.

This works to create a public game, as in open to anyone. People on your friends list are able to join your game at anytime or you can right click on them in your friends list and select to invite them to the party or game.

On your character screen, before you join or create a game, on the bottom right there is a list of all your friends that are in a game and you can join them. By scrolling over this will tell you how many spots they have open and what act they are on. Just click the button to join.

On the friends list, you can see the same information by scrolling over those in a game. Right click on them and select to join if they have an opening.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Any chance any of you have a guest pass just collecting dust to that you'd like to give away? :D

Unfortunately, my computer ain't great, and I'd like to see if my computer can squeak by with a playable experience since I'm right at the system requirements (just below here, a bit above over there... y'know the drill).

And I wanna see what the fuss is about. lol

Any chance any of you have a guest pass just collecting dust to that you'd like to give away? :D

Unfortunately, my computer ain't great, and I'd like to see if my computer can squeak by with a playable experience since I'm right at the system requirements (just below here, a bit above over there... y'know the drill).

And I wanna see what the fuss is about. lol
When I get home I can send you a guest pass. I invited my friends to try the game but they don't want to lol.

I used to play Diablo, then bought the collectors edition D2, also the Hellfire expansion. Now I am unsure I want to continue, I tried reloading D2 and playing my old games after reloading them, but it seemed so clunky after GW. Is it possible to play D3 while avoiding playing on Battlenet? I like to play lone wolf style. As Johnnie 5 says, INPUT.

I used to play Diablo, then bought the collectors edition D2, also the Hellfire expansion. Now I am unsure I want to continue, I tried reloading D2 and playing my old games after reloading them, but it seemed so clunky after GW. Is it possible to play D3 while avoiding playing on Battlenet? I like to play lone wolf style. As Johnnie 5 says, INPUT.

You can play alone, but you must play on Bnet.

FYI, I was hacked. Lost over 100k gold. Haven't heard back from Blizzard cause it happened over the weekend. I don't expect much.

AAAAAAAAAH! It looks like I got hacked as well. hundreds of thousands of gold gone, and all my precious inventory :(. At least it looks like they forgot to nab the inventory off of my followers, but that stuff was crappy compared to my own gear.

I'm staying off of d3 until I hear back from Battle.net support. I wasn't familiar with bnet authenticators until now, but somehow I doubt that anyone was able to actually log into my account. Stolen session seems more likely because I have a strong password that differs from any account I have elsewhere.

To folks who haven't touched Blizzard Games for awhile but are playing D3, one very important rule:

Get an authenticator!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149619846?page=1

There are three options: mobile app (free), phone method (free but less effective) or physical RSA fob ($6.50). They each introduce some degree of annoyance to logging in ... But it makes your account vastly more secure. There is a fair amount of interwebz chatter about authenticated accounts still getting compromised, but Blizzard says no cases have been validated.

There is also a new SMS option where you get notified of unusual account activity.

All this may seem ridiculous for a game ... But the whole point is that the investment of time and emotional energy in the game are valuable to you ... And targets for malicious people around the world. Malicious people who you probably cannot out-clever. So use the tools to avoid the heartbreak of getting hacked and then the long and annoying wait for your account to get rolled back and restored.

Last edited:
To folks who haven't touched Blizzard Games for awhile but are playing D3, one very important rule:

Get an authenticator!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149619846?page=1

There are three options: mobile app (free), phone method (free but less effective) or physical RSA fob ($6.50). They each introduce some degree of annoyance to logging in ... But it makes your account vastly more secure. There is a fair amount of interwebz chatter about authenticated accounts still getting compromised, but Blizzard says no cases have been validated.

There is also a new SMS option where you get notified of unusual account activity.

All this may seem ridiculous for a game ... But the whole point is that the investment of time and emotional energy in the game are valuable to you ... And targets for malicious people around the world. Malicious people who you probably cannot out-clever. So use the tools to avoid the heartbreak of getting hacked and then the long and annoying wait for your account to get rolled back and restored.

Authenticators add extra protection, but there is also at least one verified security issue on Blizzard's end as well in that the auto-lockout mechanism for failed login attempts is not working, which is likely why D3 accounts are getting hacked but not WoW accounts even though both have the same account info.

You can scan for green posts starting here for verification and summary: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5271500000?page=3

So in addition to an authenticator (or as an alternative if you can't get one immediately), lengthening your password might help as a deterrent as well. Bnet passwords can be up to 16 characters in length, not case-sensitive.

Danny, they will offer you a restore point. So, as long as you aren't playing it's a worthwhile thing. To me, I blew past whatever restore point they had, so it would have been detrimental to me to take a restore point.

Secondly, I have the authenticator now, but it is NOT prompting me for it when I log into D3. Why? When I go to my battle.net account it does prompt me for it. What's going on here?

Danny, they will offer you a restore point. So, as long as you aren't playing it's a worthwhile thing. To me, I blew past whatever restore point they had, so it would have been detrimental to me to take a restore point.

Secondly, I have the authenticator now, but it is NOT prompting me for it when I log into D3. Why? When I go to my battle.net account it does prompt me for it. What's going on here?

It doesn't prompt you in-game because it detects that your IP address is the same. If you move computers or change your IP, then it will prompt you.

It has to prompt you when you go to the site, I'm guessing, because 1. it doesn't have a way to securely store your information on your computer, and 2. a hacker can do far more damage to your account on the site than it can in a game.

Back