Devona's Tavern - the new Off-topic thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kidan

The previous off-topic thread got a bit too large - and as such was becoming a drain on system resources. So here's your new social thread.

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry..but threads over 1k in size cause delays during maintenance runs. While it's not a large problem now, however I do intend on being proactive instead of reactive. FYI.. i am hoping to find a script that caps threads at 1k and restarts them with another thread ..:) this keeps the large threads from tying up the database processes during maintenance runs(which is nightly). This also means longer uptime, faster performance, and a more stable server in the long run.

Last edited:
We are so high tech. Thank you for running all of this so we could have fun. i have no idea how much work goes into something like this but thank you anyway.

I'm a member on another large Christian board that runs on vBulletin and they cap all threads off at 250 posts. Apparently it helps with bandwidth. I'm not knowledgeable in this area, so I have no clue. Just thought I'd toss that out there for consideration.

:D

250 posts? That's only, what, seventeen pages? :eek:

Yeah, yeah, I know. It's actually sixteen pages plus ten posts (usually fifteen posts per page). But that would STILL be the seventeenth page.

Sorry..but threads over 1k in size cause delays during maintenance runs. While it's not a large problem now, however I do intend on being proactive instead of reactive. FYI..once i am hoping to find a script that caps threads at 1k and restarts them with another thread it will be installed..:) this keeps the large threads from tying up the database processes during maintenance runs(which is nightly). This also means longer uptime, faster performance, and a more stable server in the long run.

...I just post here, man! *runs away screaming*

I'm a member on another large Christian board that runs on vBulletin and they cap all threads off at 250 posts. Apparently it helps with bandwidth. I'm not knowledgeable in this area, so I have no clue. Just thought I'd toss that out there for consideration.

:D
Nods..the 1k is actually something noted on the vbulletin forums. Which forums do you frequesnt that uses the 250 post max? I would like to get in touch with their admins..:)

haha, i think this is the most ive ever seen HES post in a singular topic, and whats this? its a tavern topic O_O! haha. love ya man, thanks for all the server work

To the admin guy:

Yeah, i know what that's like, i was an admin on an text-base RP site, one topic got to a few hundred pages...mainly my fault...but yeah, we just restarted, copying the lasts page of posts, people got mad, lol

I just get happy to see active forums

Nothing worse than "this forum isn't for posting something that has nothing to do with anything I don't like to talk about you are buhleeted"

I think I'm gonna play GW today :D

i think im gonna try n play gw today on my laptop that needs more ram >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back