Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Keero

Tribe of Judah Membership Administrator
It's incredible so far. :D

Playing a mix of melee takedowns and pistols. Forgoing most stealth/hacking options, but I do like taking alternate routes for those sick melee kills. Can't wait for the x-ray vision and Icarus landing system. Anyone else playing this?

Anyone else playing this?

No and stop rubbing it in you 1337 player you T_T :p .

I was curious how it compared to the original Deus Ex though. From what I know about the new one it sounds like it is just an update of the old one. I mean it has better graphics, polished game play etc. but I see nothing meaningfully new added to the game play. It also appears possessed of the same strengths (choices in how you handle things, interesting world and story) and weaknesses (item hording, dumb ai, choices often have a "best" result and you just redo it until you get it, choices still aren't what you'd like to do) of the original. Grey had not played the old one how about you?

Last edited:
Nope.

$50 can buy like 15 indie games on Steam, I'm unemployed, I'm going to wait for a sale, my laptop probably wouldn't run it very welll at all, and I still haven't played the first game.

But the reviews make it look very appealing. For those who can afford the game and a rig to run it at a respectable frame rate, play in good health!

...and I still haven't played the first game.

I played the first one and I'd call it a "cult classic" type game but it's not the end all be all. You've more than likely played games with all of it's features by now (and supposedly System Shock did it before hand). I remember by the end of the game I had so collected so many hacking devices I never had to level up my hacking skill I could just spam them. I also remember replaying a particular scenario, with rather arbitrary choices, until I got the result everyone lived happy ever after. In short choices are meaningless if there is a "best" choice. It did have a good story and at least it had choices which is more than most games do though.

Last edited:
Runs rather smooth on my brothers' older machines, Tek.

As for the comparison, you may like the PC Gamer review, Gerbil. Goes into some detail about the pros and cons. I played about 20~30 minutes of the first and second (boo) game, and I frankly hated it. This, however, is rather cool. Every level has plenty of options (no, really, so many paths), whether it's straight up shooting, stealth work, or avoiding enemies altogether. There's even a 'cheevo for not killing anyone in the game. XD The cover system is pretty good, reminds me of the latest Splinter Cell (that is, it's smooth). Yeah, AI can be a bit lame, but the graphics, audio, gunfights, dialogue options (which I find much more cooler than Mass Effect), and augment upgrades are all well-done. Actually makes me want to go back and complete the first game since DXHR leads right into it.

My PC locks up every 30~45 minutes though. Yay quick saves!

Nope.

$50 can buy like 15 indie games on Steam, I'm unemployed, I'm going to wait for a sale, my laptop probably wouldn't run it very welll at all, and I still haven't played the first game.

But the reviews make it look very appealing. For those who can afford the game and a rig to run it at a respectable frame rate, play in good health!

I'm selling it for $30 if you want it! haha. I ordered a new computer part and got the game free for Steam... they are sending me a serial number I can type in on Steam to get it for free. I figured that'd be a great way to offset the cost of the new part I had to buy. :)

If you end up deciding you'd like to get the game let me know!

I want to play this game so bad! So bad! Curse you faulty boot drive, why did you have to fail on the very day the game came out!? Why did you have to fail on what incidentally happened to be probably my worst day at work since basic training!? Why did the government issued laptop that I was given refuse to process my online order this morning, thus pushing back my acquisition of a replacement drive another day, possibly to the far side of the weekend?!

On a non complaining note, the hour and a half of the game before calamity befell me was pretty cool, just wish I could have at it again, and have my save back.

This and Warhammer: Space Marine are the top of my want to buy list atm. However I'm transitioning into a new job so I won't be buying any new games for a few weeks.

Warhammer: Space Marine is pretty dang fun and challenging. It has a nice feel too it and is super bloody. I am not sure its worth a day 1 purchase tho. I could not really see it being worth more then $20 in my opinion. I am hoping Xmas Steam sales will do it good.

As a Warhammer 40k fan I totally believe it worth the day 1 purchase, and have had it preordered since it was available. The demo completely confirmed my hopes, and feels every ounce a true 40k game -an incredibly over the top bloody and grimdark epic.

I'm playing deus ex HR at the moment, been a bit sloppy with my stealth
but what makes up for it is my modified laser pointed pistol with silencer in Deus ex HR.

Been up until 12:37 midnight playing yesterday.

I'm up to the part where ################SPOILER CENSORED#####################.

Back