Dervish

Wh1te Out

How is the Dervish class? What is the strength of the build... offense, defense, buffs/support? It looks very unique and appealing, just curious what your experienced thoughts are.

Dervish is like a NF tank, kinda, i think it has as much armor as a warrior (or if not it has 10 less). But with their scythes they can hit three people at once and they are good. i think its the same with the assassian, where they arnt great tanks but they do do well.

Dervishes are great when they are played by the right person. The main thing on my that I use are enchantments, Dervish can cast enchantments that deal damage close foes, also the enchantments sometimes cause a condition when they finally end. My dervish builds uses enchantments as a defense and an offense.

There are also some nice elite skills that the dervish can use, Avatars are most common. Skillz.

There is a really nice defensive skill called mystic regeneration which gives you 1-3 health regen. when you have an enchantment on you.

Sry I kinda babbled I hope I didnt confuse you. Ill post some more later when i get on tonight.

They have less armor than the warriors but more energy regen.

Derv = War

1. Sure the hitting multiple targets is cool but you can do that with an axe and the extra armor of a shield.

2. Yes you have a few nice area of effect skills but you could just go with a ele seconday to get better ones.

3. The extra energy is nice but the Warrior has some nice adrenalin skill to make up for the lack

4. The Avitar Ellite skills are what make it worth while.

Skill details

For 10...58 seconds, you have +150 Health, you are unaffected by Conditions, and your attacks deal earth damage. This Skill is disabled for 120 seconds.

Sweet for anything and great for running

Kel Queen of all Europe

I prefer Avatar of Blathazar, especially for the areas with the undead:

Skill Details

For 15..63 seconds, you gain +40 armor, you move 33% faster, and your attacks deal holy damage. This Skill is disabled for 120 seconds.

Mine lasts 66sec ftw!

I have a dervish and I feel like she's totally not living up to her potential. I just don't think I have the right skill combinations. I haven't been able to get very far for this very reason. I have two of the Avatars (Melandru and Balthazar) but I don't seem to know when to cast them. My dervish is a dervish/mesmer, but I never use the mesmer skills. I don't think my heros have the right skills or weapons either, simply because I don't know what their strengths are.

I'm much better with my Ele/Me. :eek:

Last edited:
hey Katnu, if you ever need help, or want to ask any questions give me a PM. i got some stuff that wouldnt be bad for heros. and while i am NOT the dervish expert i could probably tell you when and what to use

Back