Decided to pick up GW...

Wash.

Since I'll be new to the game - usually i'll stick with whatever class and profession i choose first, so with that in mind, what is most needed within our ranks? I learn things fast and master them quickly, so difficulty and playability aren't an issue. Thank you for your suggestions and recommendations.

-Wash Out

Interesting, if I was going to pick any one at random, it would have been a monk. I'll check out the Ele or Mesmer as well - don't know any of the lingo yet so you must forgive my nooob-ness :)

I see now, you want a HEALER! Hehe, I played a priest in WoW, so I'll do well there and I enjoy the part. Can you start out as a warrior monk and respec to something else later or how does that go?

I see now, you want a HEALER! Hehe, I played a priest in WoW, so I'll do well there and I enjoy the part. Can you start out as a warrior monk and respec to something else later or how does that go?
haha, i love wow ^_^ , there are no instances in this game but i still call a few different places "instances" . anywho u pick a primary profession u run around and kill stuff, u eventually are allowed to choose a 2ndary, so u pick one and then laern some stuff. no matter what class u are, go mesm 2ndary, makes a part in the end game much easier, called ascension. now until u ascend u CANNOT change ur 2ndary, so yr stuck till close to end game. once u ascend u do a quest to gain the other professions then u can change 2ndarys at will. u do however have to buy skills but they stay permanently even if u change ur 2ndary so its worth it to buy lots if u use that 2ndary alot

ya so in an easier way to say it is

if your a Warrior/Monk you basicaly kill things and heal urself.
if your a Monk/Warrior you basicaly heal others and thats about it.

monks are always needed and will get you in groups faster, mesmers are fun to play cause they mess with other people. Necromancers can make minion armies and other cool stuff. Rangers can tame a pet or use his bow to kill things from afar. Elementalist (ele) can use the elements to kill things (fire is used most frequently). Warrior, well thats probably doesnt need explaining :p

so what ever you choose its fun, in the long run warriors and monks can make the most money with runs and 55ing, necros arnt bad either.

ask anymore questions and we'll be happy to answer

ya so in an easier way to say it is

if your a Warrior/Monk you basicaly kill things and heal urself.
if your a Monk/Warrior you basicaly heal others and thats about it.

monks are always needed and will get you in groups faster, mesmers are fun to play cause they mess with other people. Necromancers can make minion armies and other cool stuff. Rangers can tame a pet or use his bow to kill things from afar. Elementalist (ele) can use the elements to kill things (fire is used most frequently). Warrior, well thats probably doesnt need explaining :p

so what ever you choose its fun, in the long run warriors and monks can make the most money with runs and 55ing, necros arnt bad either.

ask anymore questions and we'll be happy to answer

ele is pro out of them all because they have enough energy and enough skills to perform every job out there, its like a.... druid,shaman,mage all in one

haha, i love wow ^_^ , there are no instances in this game but i still call a few different places "instances" .

Actually everywhere but towns and outposts are instanced in Guild Wars.

An instance is a copy, in gaming terms it's a private copy of an area. Instances are just setup a little differently in Guild Wars and WoW.

Anyway. What is most needed in this guild right now is whatever class you would like to play. Seriously, our guild roster is way over 100 players. We have lots of everything. Many of us like myself have one of each class.
Find what you like to play and learn to play it well.

Anyway. What is most needed in this guild right now is whatever class you would like to play. Seriously, our guild roster is way over 100 players. We have lots of everything. Many of us like myself have one of each class.

/agree. Finding the class you enjoy the most is best when starting out.

Actually everywhere but towns and outposts are instanced in Guild Wars.

An instance is a copy, in gaming terms it's a private copy of an area. Instances are just setup a little differently in Guild Wars and WoW.

Thanks Pat! I was about to tell this Atown Character :p that everything in Guild Wars is Instanced. LOL Sorry I couldn't resist Atown!

A note on mesmers: I love mesmers! But they are hard to play, and hard to find groups...

Or at least, it's harder to learn the game and learn mesmer at the same time...

Thanks Pat! I was about to tell this Atown Character :p that everything in Guild Wars is Instanced. LOL Sorry I couldn't resist Atown!

then stop making fun of me then when i say "lets go do an instance and farm", GOSH

A note on mesmers: I love mesmers! But they are hard to play, and hard to find groups...
QUOTE]

So True..I think people are scared of them or something. They're really realy powerful though. A well played mesmer can melt anything in the game one on one....

Back