December 26th, 2005

Bowser

Tribe of Judah StarCraft Series Chapter Leader
A New Year's Blessing

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee; the Lord make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee.

-Numbers 6:24-25 (KJV)

RECENTLY while doing my daily Bible study, I found this passage in Numbers. God tells Aaron, through Moses, that this is the way Aaron and the Levites should bless the children of Israel. Verses 24-26 are the words they are to use to bless the people whom the Lord has chosen.

As I read it and thought about it, I realized that it could also be a blessing for us in the new year. We want the best for ourselves and for others, and this passage in Numbers is a great way to wish others the best for the coming year.

How can we bless the people in our lives? One way is to wish them the best of everything and to ask God to pour out grace in their lives. Numbers 6:24-26 provides a starting point as we seek God's best for our friends and loved ones. Then we offer them support, encouragement, and love.

Roger E. Brannon (Kentucky, U.S.A.)

Prayer:
God, we pray you will bestow your grace and blessings on friends and loved ones and that they will walk close to you during the new year. Amen.

Back