Day of Defeat

GoodOleTaco

Hello friends. I been away too long. I been busy playing DOD. Found a great G-Rated server. WHich is cool excpet that they dont allow any religious references..So I decided try out running my own server..

Same premise but no one will be asked to refrain professing their faith. I dont know if any of u play DOD but if u have the game u are invited to play in the server.

Server Name: NewbiesPlayground (G-Rated server)
Server Address: 8.3.28.140:27015

God Bless!! GoodOleTaco

Where is the server located?

I might have to check it out this weekend. :D

DoD? or DoD source? I've been into both of them lately... i've been coming back. Please post some good servers and maybe some times we could all play. just an informal... come around "this" time and it would be fun.... yeah.

Server is located in Los Angeles, California. Iv'e Rented from gameservers.com.

Its a 10 slot server with standard maps. It is regular DOD. Iv'e thought about making a DOD:Source server but wanted to start with the 1st one because for folk who dont have the game, they can get it cheap. Its only $10.00 dollars thru steam.

I rented it for 1 month at $14.99. If its succesfull might keep it going...(thinking of a DOD chapter)...what u guys think?

I rented it for 1 month at $14.99. If its succesfull might keep it going...(thinking of a DOD chapter)...what u guys think?
We can do that. We've had a Day of Defeat Chapter before, so we could bring it back.

If you're interested in serving as Day of Defeat Chapter Leader, send me a PM and we can discuss it further.

I know you live in Mexico, so I was wondering: Is it more common for players to use English or Spanish while chatting in-game? If we do create the chapter, I'd like to know so we can figure out how to set up the forums.

We can do that. We've had a Day of Defeat Chapter before, so we could bring it back.

If you're interested in serving as Day of Defeat Chapter Leader, send me a PM and we can discuss it further.

It be great to have a DOD chapter. It be a good idea to get a list of persons who own the game and would be interested in playing. I would be interested in being a chapter leader but lets wait to see how many are interested.

I know you live in Mexico, so I was wondering: Is it more common for players to use English or Spanish while chatting in-game? If we do create the chapter, I'd like to know so we can figure out how to set up the forums.

Well you know, even though im in Mexico, I dont know many mexican gamers. So I would suggest to keep in in English unless we get some hispanic players.

It be great to have a DOD chapter. It be a good idea to get a list of persons who own the game and would be interested in playing. I would be interested in being a chapter leader but lets wait to see how many are interested.
Roger that. We can use this thread to gauge interest, or, if you'd like, you can create a separate thread for that.

Well you know, even though im in Mexico, I dont know many mexican gamers. So I would suggest to keep in in English unless we get some hispanic players.
Oh, I didn't mean to set rules only allowing one language. Tribe of Judah allowed all languages on its servers, as long as they still abide by the rules. (One evening I was on and we had several players speaking in French.) I only wanted to make sure we accommodated Spanish-speaking Day of Defeat players (perhaps with an additional forum they could use) if there were a large percentage.

Roger that. We can use this thread to gauge interest, or, if you'd like, you can create a separate thread for that.
Whatever u feel is best..

Oh, I didn't mean to set rules only allowing one language. Tribe of Judah allowed all languages on its servers, as long as they still abide by the rules. (One evening I was on and we had several players speaking in French.) I only wanted to make sure we accommodated Spanish-speaking Day of Defeat players (perhaps with an additional forum they could use) if there were a large percentage.
...we accommodated Spanish-speaking Day of Defeat players..ive met some..in the clan server I was playing in they didnt allow anything other then English.

YEAH.... this makes me excited. Please post the I.P. I really wanna hit this server up now. I really do enjoy playing the orignal DoD. Tell me the status if we make it a chapter, please.

Hello friends. I been away too long. I been busy playing DOD. Found a great G-Rated server. WHich is cool excpet that they dont allow any religious references..So I decided try out running my own server..

Same premise but no one will be asked to refrain professing their faith. I dont know if any of u play DOD but if u have the game u are invited to play in the server. Server Name: NewbiesPlayground (G-Rated server)Server Address: 8.3.28.140:27015 God Bless!! GoodOleTaco

Server Name: NewbiesPlayground (G-Rated server)
Server Address: 8.3.28.140:27015

Of course if this is a success I will rename the server. We got a month to make it happen. I rented it on a month by month basis.

I do need some help tho. I am having problems adding bots. Ive installed SHRIKE BOT but cant get it to run. Ive read and read the instructions and wont work.

I also dont know how to get a map list and maps to appear in mapvote.

I did get AMXMOD and its running good. Im pretty much new at this so gonna need the experts advise. Please contact me...

XFIRE: jmorhy
AIM: javiermorhy
YAHOO: jmorhy
MSN messenger: jmorhy@hotmail.com
eMAIL: jmorhy@gmail.com

Whatever u feel is best..

...we accommodated Spanish-speaking Day of Defeat players..ive met some..in the clan server I was playing in they didnt allow anything other then English.

Lets speak Klingon. I always wanted to. :)

I have DOD. I'll try to get into a game with ya Taco. I can't be a regular in my irregular life timeframe though.

Hey ColdSteel.....cant wait to do some WW2 fraggin' with ya!! Unreal can rest for a while..hehe.

Anyone else here have DOD? How about any ideas on adding bots? Im sure its pretty much like CS..I got shrikebot files installed I just cant get the bots to appear..lol:D

Back