Dawn of War: Dark Crusade

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
With the StarCraft II beta on hiatus and after not being all that impressed with League of Legends, I decided to install Dark Crusade and give it a try.

My Gamespy user ID for DC is TekSeven.

If you play DC, list your handle and I'll be sure to add you to my friends list.

Chances are good I'll drop DC as soon as the SC2 beta resumes, but it looks like DC could be a fun interim RTS.

Its about time you get a GOOD game there Tek. :D
I've had Dawn of War for quite a while now. I just wasn't in any hurry to journey up the learning curve for a new real-time strategy game. I liked what I played of the Dawn of War campaign, but it was the end of the first phase of the StarCraft II beta and the delay before the second phase that inspired me to install Dark Crusade.

Now I have something installed and ready to play on the next Straturday. :)

Dawn of War

My Dawn of War username is: Lancer3535. I have very little gameplay time vs. other players though; I have primarily planed the game in campaign and skirmish modes and at LAN parties, which sadly seem to have gone away.

I've had Dawn of War for quite a while now. I just wasn't in any hurry to journey up the learning curve for a new real-time strategy game. I liked what I played of the Dawn of War campaign, but it was the end of the first phase of the StarCraft II beta and the delay before the second phase that inspired me to install Dark Crusade.

Now I have something installed and ready to play on the next Straturday. :)

Awesome! I am definitely there...I work from 4-till 10 or 11 in the morning so I am good for this coming Straturday to FINALLY be able to play some....I hope LOL

I have DoW2 but no Dark Crusade. What are the main incentives to getting the expansion, besides Chaos Space Marines?

I have DoW2 but no Dark Crusade. What are the main incentives to getting the expansion, besides Chaos Space Marines?

Are you talking DoW: Dark Crusade, or DoW 2: Chaos Rising? If you mean Chaos Rising, other than playing as the CSMs, you'll get a Chaos and Tyranid hero for Last Stand (first is a caster that can copy enemies/leaders and nuke things, second is more of a pet/support), an awesome campaign that truly is varied with tons of new cool skills (level up to 30 now), weapons (lasguns, 'nade launchers, claws), mission types, a system where you can have corrupted team members (with unique skills too) and the story is well done and interesting.

What's not to love? :p

What Keero said.

Anyway, isn't it possible to play DoW multiplayer with people that have different expac? I can't remember. I know it is possible in DoW II. (not that it really matters, I have the whole series anyway...)

I'll probably be playing Dark Crusade if others are available and wanting to play this Saturday. Just a heads up.

Quick note: I'll probably be running late for today's Straturday event. I expect to be back at the keys between 1:30 and 2 p.m. Central.

Back