Dalaran / Shattrath Portals Removal

Mordos

Dalaran / Shattrath Portals Removal

Originally Posted by Zarhym (Source)
The reason the portals from Shattrath were not removed from Outland when Wrath of the Lich King released is that there was a new central hub with portals to all major cities in Northrend. There is no longer a neutral city hub which both factions will be using in Cataclysm. We want to ensure visiting the major faction capitals is still the most attractive thing to do in Cataclysm, rather than having people use Shattrath and Dalaran as easy connector hubs.

To make up for this, we'd like to add class trainers and Auctioneers in Shattrath and Dalaran for those leveling through The Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King content.

So they want to make Dal and Shatt(already is) a ghost town and only have people levelling their way through visiting it heh

Oh great, there goes 80% of the value of my Ring of the Kirin Tor and Argent Tabard... bleh!

I hear your ring will still get you to Uldum via the CoT portal fairly quickly :p

Oh, that's not a bad angle. So I could have northrend and the 2 continents covered with:

Northrend: Ring and Tabard
North Kalimdor: Drood teleport to Moonglade
South Kalimdor: Ring to Dal, Portal to CoT
EK: Hearthstone set to Stormwind, fly north or portal to Dark Portal for south (or just fly).

Picking up a 2nd portal (e.g. through Ethereal Portal) would allow a "north EK" and "south EK" option.

Between the portal hubs and the Dungeon finder and summoning stones, it is remarkably how much less time is spent flying around than even in the BC days. But flying from Darn to Tanaris is still a really, really, really long way....

Yeah, I never spend much time getting anywhere, especially on Flame

Teleport Stormwind
Teleport Ironforge
Teleport Darnassus
Teleport Exodar
Teleport Theramore
Teleport Shattrath
Teleport Dalaran
Portal Blasted Lands
Portal Caverns of Time
Wormhole Borean Tundra
Wormhole Howling Fjord
Wormhole Sholozar Basin
Wormhole Storm Peaks
Wormhole Icecrown
Wormhole Tirisfal Glades (via Wormhole Howling Fjord then riding on top of Horde Zeppelin)
Direbrew's Remote to BRD/Steppes
This, plus the new teleports in Cataclysm and all the boat routes make me a very mobile character!

I need more wormhole generators!

I think Flame just volunteered to be our GPS (guild portal system) and will now coveniantly park his character in the stormwind bank for all the guild to use.

I think Flame just volunteered to be our GPS (guild portal system) and will now coveniantly park his character in the stormwind bank for all the guild to use.

/seconded

I don't think the Tirisfal Glades one counts, if you have to use a taxi, boat, or zeppelin that's slow-mode travel. And the portal ones are a LITTLE BIT cheating because it'd be two-step (e.g. teleport to Dalaran than portal to CoT or teleport to SW then portal to BL ... it's like when airlines say a flight is "direct" even though there's a stop ... we're looking for NONSTOP solutions here!). But even taking that out, the mage/engineer combo is pretty fantastic, I gotta say...

Oh, that's not a bad angle. So I could have northrend and the 2 continents covered with:

Northrend: Ring and Tabard
North Kalimdor: Drood teleport to Moonglade
South Kalimdor: Ring to Dal, Portal to CoT
EK: Hearthstone set to Stormwind, fly north or portal to Dark Portal for south (or just fly).

Picking up a 2nd portal (e.g. through Ethereal Portal) would allow a "north EK" and "south EK" option.

Between the portal hubs and the Dungeon finder and summoning stones, it is remarkably how much less time is spent flying around than even in the BC days. But flying from Darn to Tanaris is still a really, really, really long way....

do the ethreal portal shares the same cooldown with a hearthstone but you can set it to a different location than your hearth?

I will gladly offer free ports to the guild. You can meet me at the abandoned Tauren village on the southern coast of Silithus.

do the ethreal portal shares the same cooldown with a hearthstone but you can set it to a different location than your hearth?

wowhead
According to comments,
1) it does share cooldown with hearthstone.
2) you can set it to a different location

Back