Daily Tips

Prophet Elhanan

I know soon you will be able to choose your dailies so I thought about posting some tips. Have you guys/gals found any that helped you get your Dailies done faster?

Dodger:
My wife hated doing daily dodger so i found a good way to get it extremely fast. The Plains Wurm event that spawns in the Queensdale farm (you know, like the first event you do as a human). If you back dodge an attack from the Wurm you get like 60 dodges. If you don't qant to go all the way back to that zone just find some Ice Wurms and back dodge their attacks. You get 3, sometimes 3, dodges for each attack. A good place for Ice Wurms is Lornar's Pass Stonecatter waypoint. An event usually spawn there as well.

Gatherer:
Look for farms. One Lettuce farm is just outside of Beetletun. It has like 7 heads of lettuce, some herbs and some wood. A lot of farms are all over the map so remember where they are or just use one of the interactive GW2 maps available to search them out.

Veteran Slayer:
For low level players that just want to focus on Vets, Go to south Kessex's Hills to the Ireko Tradecamp Waypoint. And go into the Eukryan Caves, the ones that the Heart is that turned you into a pig. Two Vet Ettins spawn in there and they are pretty easy to kill. Plus they respawn is very fast.

Great Tips!! Just a side note;
Dodger; there is dredge turrets in wayfairer foothills that give 2+ dodges each (dodge right as the bullet comes out and it gives 2 dodges one for bullet and one for the turrets AOE as well)
Veteran slayer; tons of veteran boars in queensdale (sometimes i agro like 3 of them and nuke em down with my ele and they are not terribly hard so lv isnt a big issue)
gatherer; beetle run (same as you mentioned) but if you switch characters after you gather the lot of them and repeat it you'll be done rather fast (unless you have slow loading splash screens)

thanks again for your insight
it is cool to find new ways to do things and gets us away from the same daily routine lol

Queensdale Orchard and Dam area for events. If you get the event that is to eliminate all spiders then there is a following event to kill the Huge Spider. Or you can take the event to gather apples. If neither event is immediately available watch the dam area for the event to get rid of the Harpys, the harpys can be seen just outside the orchard. Then there is the event at the dam kill the Elder Elemental which can be seen from the orchard too. Those are the most common and quickest to spawn. But Farmer Nevin carrying his cocooned friend may spawn at the orchard too. Or the Rogue Bull will spawn. Frequently there is an event at the water works, or the hay farm too.

Veterans: Go to Dredgehaunt area from Hoelbrek. Cut straight across ignoring the road either way, and you will find a Veteran Pinesol which is easy. As you keep moving a Veteran Svanir will drop from the trees seeking revenge. Event and Veteran. Keep going straight to another Veteran Pinesol. Join the road through the Jotuns heading for the narrow pass, there will be a Veteran Jotun on the right sitting in his hut. Turn around and head back after that one or both of the Pinesols will have respawned. If you are really desperate for another Veteran go back to the Svanir lodge, there is a veteran in there. Just be careful in there, there are a LOT of Svanir in there.

Dodger: If you want Icewurms there are several in Dredgehaunt not far from the Orphanage.

Medic: Easiest place I know is in Dredgehaunt Cliffs also. When you enter from Hoelbrek turn left immediately going between the cliff and Svanir lodge to Mountains Tail area. Turn left again towards Ulukks Hunger. As you get into the friendly Grawl area on the far right is a very stupid grawl who will try and kill the same doe over and over. And the doe will kill the grawl over and over. If he does manage to kill it don't worry there is a second doe ahead of him who will start to kill him. Easy, if a little boring.

Gatherer: Elhanan has good advice, but again Dredgehaunt has lots of different gathering nodes while working on other items. Having started gathering in Queensdale heading to events, I can invariably finish it in Dredgehaunt while going about other tasks.

Variety: Start in Queensdale Orchard area, don't forget rabbits, chickens and deer. Then if you head to Dredgehaunt Cliffs for other business variety is a breeze. Icewurms, snow owls, Pinesols, Jotun, cats, Svanir and their pets, Griffons, rats in the pass, Minotaur if you really have to go that far, Dolyaks.

Unless I have commitments that keep me from play I get my dailies pretty much every day. And if a permanoob like me can do it so can you. 35-45 mins max depending on categories.

Best tips I've found for me is to figure out what I want to do, then knock other stuff out early. For example, If I'm planning on doing a dungeon, I will try to knock out a few events beforehand so if it runs long I'm not thinking "ugh, gotta go find events before bed..."

Gotta agree Ryan. The dailies get done first, then everything else is gravy. Or if ya is vegan, frosting on da cake. Also the monthly events accrue rapidly after that.

WvW, in my opinion, is the single best place to get ALL your dailies done. The bottom part of any borderland has 16 different types of enemies to kill, there's the giant lake in the middle of every BL to get underwater kills, resource nodes scattered throughout the map, if you take just one supply camp, you can get your veteran kills done with in one shot, dodge is really easy if you're in a zerg fighting (or siegeing) another zerg due to the high amounts of AoE to dodge through, and everything in WvW is an event, so it's terribly easy to get your events done quickly, especially if you find a group that is camp capping or a following a zerg.

Completely agreed...unfortunately I don't want to wait 2 hours to start my daily. :(

One other spot I haven't seen mentioned that covers most things well: the reactor in Metrica Province.

Healer: The event up in Frostgorge Sound where you have to rez survivors.
Events: Metrica Province is a great place to grab events real quick if your logging out soon. Also the harpy event in Plains of Ashford respawns quickly and is a good event to farm.
Vets: Any dungeon really, nearly every mob in them is a vet. They are also good for kill variety.
Gathering: Any starting zone. They are easy to get around and seem to be loaded with ore and trees (I prefer them since you get 3-4 for each that you chop/mine.

Overall though I enjoy the dailies here much more than what Blizzard has done with them over in WoW, if for no other reason that I can do dailies on my main or while I'm leveling an alt. If makes it much nicer then having to go to the same spot every day and knock out the exact same quests day after day after day, just to build up rep with a specific faction. Also and knowing you have to do all over again with any alt you want to gear up.

Also, a good place for Healer: Nebo Terrace in Gendarran Fields. I usually head there since the heart quest is to revive fallen Seraph soldiers. Dead people spawn! It's brilliant!

Also, for Veterans: I found today that in the SE corner of Gendarran fields near the gate out of LA is a cave with two veteran spiders, I killed them then just stuck around till they spawned again (less than a minute and a half).

Thanks for all these other tips... I'm going to check them all out.

I love the new dailies -- they give me a goal that I can actually accomplish in a non-crazy amount of time.

Just to expound upon the reactor in Metrica province: there are enough enemy types there to go from 0-100% in your daily kill variety in 2 minutes. Events are good too.

The other day Brittany and I caught the pre-events for opening CoE and it's 4 quick events + the boss. Took us about 15 minutes there to get our events out of the way.

I'm a cheapo and so I don't do the reactor for kill variety. Instead I found that if I keep a character just outside of Rata Sum in Metrica, I can pick up 100% kill variety going North before hitting the swamp (last kill is always the krait in the water). Takes about 5-7 minutes max with reseting the character back to the start point via the PvP lobby (can't remember the name ... been too long).

Hmm, didn't think about parking another character so I don't have to take my (current) main into an area to get them done.

Up until the last day or two, I was getting the dailies just playing the game. Then I had two days in a row where I had to log out shortly before completing them. :(

I should take one of my other characters to the reactor and leave her there so I don't have to spend waypoint fees or travel time.

I'm kinda souring on the dailies. They used to be something that was in the back of my mind, but generally I just finished up before logging for the day. I don't know if it's having the list in the corner of the screen, or the fact that the rewards are cooler (ascended amulet after 30 days vs. a bunch of karma I'll spend on something, sometime) but dailies are a lot more prominent to me know, and it feels a bit like having a chore list for something that's supposed to be an escape from daily responsibilities.

I know I don't have to do them, but they feel more intrusive now.

Well, the 26th patch will allow you to choose your dailies. So that should make it easier on the chore list. I, for one, will be happy to complete these without doing any events...

I think that the events are the easy part. Aquatic or dodging are the pains.

I've had days where the events are done quickly, and others where I'm wandering all over trying to find some DEs to do (or NPCs to activate them).

Aquatic seems a bit high to me. It feels like an awful lot of things to kill underwater. It doesn't help that I don't really know my trident skill bar yet, so I'm kinda floundering around. Maybe if it was half the creatures it wouldn't be so bad.

Still on the fence about dodging. It was a pain when I was specifically trying to do it, then I tried specifically not doing it and was surprised by how many credits I was getting just playing normally. Yes, I'm one of those people who constantly moves and dodges even normal mobs, even though people say it's not really necessary. Figure it's good practice for harder content...

Also, for Veterans: I found today that in the SE corner of Gendarran fields near the gate out of LA is a cave with two veteran spiders, I killed them then just stuck around till they spawned again (less than a minute and a half).

I've been heading to Gendarran Fields as well when I don't run across enough Veterans during normal play. In the SW there is a hilly area with a good handful of Veteran Oakhearts that wander around. They aren't hostile until you attack, so people seem to leave them alone to wander. They also have very long telegraphed AoE stomps that are easy to dodge. You can dodge during the animation and you still get evade credit even though you're done dodging well before the shockwave radiates out from them.

It's also a very short walk from the gate into Lion's Arch, so no need to waypoint as you can do the Mists/LA thing to get there and take care of crafting or laurel vendor on your way through.

There are a decent number of lumber nodes nearby as well for gathering.

As for Metrica, I left an alt parked near the Reactor, but found out that chain was bugged out this morning. It was stuck at the final champion elemental. The chamber was in flames, AoE effects were raining down, and one lonely fire elemental kept respawning in the corner, but the champ was nowhere to be seen.

Back