crunch time

mist_01

I found this kind of amusing so i thought i would share this. First of all, i work for Dordt(local Christian college) Computer services as a work study(assistant to the webmaster). However, Dordt is hosting OPC General Assembly. To make a long story short, computer services is missing 4 people including the director and secretary. Then the sound and lights guy has a family emergancy and has to leave. The 3 back up people for running sound are out of town. So.. i get pulled of my normal job along with 2 other workstudies to run light and sound. Anyway, just though idd share this instance of merfy's law.

sounds is soooo fun... especially when you have equipment like at my church! we just had the practice, and i had her running at around 100db the entire time! its so fun

sound.... isn't fun to run when you've never seen the system before. if you have a general idea, and know where all the chords are.... you "should" be good.

well, it should be easy and borring. I am hoping it stays borring. Like i said, if anything goes wrong, there is no one in town that knows that system well.

Have fun with that, if your good, you can just babysit it and nothing will happen... if someone is too loud, move the slider down (y)

We usually run our youth events at 90-105db, the church services we like to keep em below 92db to keep the old folks happy.

In the youth area we max out at 117-120db (depending on humidity and temp). We just installed some new turbosound speakers that kick arse (4x 12inch and 2xdouble 18 subs). Those things are nastily loud for their size (noone can use any of the rooms in the same building during events due to how loud it can get)

lol one of the guys complained that the lights were in his eyes and that it was too dim for him to read where he was sitting. Tell me, what was i supposed to do?

Back