Crits

BassMan449

Today I played on a server with crits for the first time since the recent update. When the update was published I noticed that they significantly lowered crits across the board and was all for that. After playing with the crits for a while, I have to admit I like them now. After a while of playing I noticed that crits for soldiers where fairly rare and only happened when a player had really been doing a lot of damage.

I'm interested in hearing all your opinions on the subject. I know I use to hate crits with a passion and never enjoyed them, but after playing with the update I think the crits really enhance the overall experience.

Let me just start off saying that after over a year of playing TF2, I STILL love the crit's "ding" sound. Makes Sniper less boring. xD

But yeah, when playing on huge 32-man servers, crits were still pretty much a non-factor. The days of getting 3 crit rockets in a row and killing 9 people with them is over. :( I even wished I would get a row of crits as a Heavy or Soldier on normal servers, but those still happen rarely. But alas, leave it to me to be the only medic on our server to actually use the Kritz. I know you guys secretly love them as do I, so when I tell you to melt faces or bark "LESS DO DISS", you better go rampagin', son. :p

They are a lot more balanced now, don't fire as much, but still give newbies a chance to get that revenge kill. Enabled or disabled on our server, still won't stop me from giving my patients that KK love. :p

Still hate random crits, but glad to hear Valve realized the error of their ways.

Still fine with earned crits (i.e. backstabs, headshots, Backburner, Critzkrieg).

Since I've been having so much fun playing in and practicing for scrims, I'd rather keep them turned off completely so game mechanics are consistent across pub and scrim play.

Still hate random crits, but glad to hear Valve realized the error of their ways.

Still fine with earned crits (i.e. backstabs, headshots, Backburner, Critzkrieg).

That's the thing that I noticed the most though. There are very few non earned crits if you consider crits earned through sheer damage output. The base random chance is only 2%. That means a soldier could dump his entire ammo load twice and only get one random crit.

There has been a few times where even after taking out half an enemy team and a few buildings, the crits that would've gave me plenty of crits (as a Heavy) only gives me like 2 seconds of it. It's a lot more manageable though.

Back