Counter-Strike Source

Exo-Slayer

Though it was delayed apparantly it should start very soon found these quotes interesting.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Pre-loading of the Counter-Strike: Source beta to cyber cafés begins today. On Wednesday, this first phase of the beta will open and the game will be playable at all cyber cafes that subscribe to the Valve Cyber Café Program. Later this month, the beta will be extended to owners of Counter-Strike™: Condition Zero™ and ATI Fulfillment Coupon holders.

This beta serves as a compatibility test of the Source engine as we near the completion of development on Half-Life 2 and Counter-Strike: Source. During this limited-time beta, issues can be reported using the in-game bug-reporting tool. In addition any crashes will automatically generate a report back to Valve’s bug database. We thank everyone for their participation, and we hope Half-Life 2 and Counter-Strike: Source live up to your expectations.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]"A couple people have emailed me asking about how many players the CS:S beta test will support. The answer is de_dust will support 20 vs 20, for a maxplayers of 40.

Cliffe
VALVe"

Some people think it will start at the end of aug but i think that is to late for Hl2 to be published when they want it to be so i think probable it will start like the 15

40 people on Dust...that hallway or under bridge is going to be littered with bodies. Last man standing wins
smile.gif

From what I understand maps can hold up to 256 people at a max but more then likely 64 would be the max for severs today.

Also maps can be roughly 16 times larger then they are now.

Could you imagine a map that was basicly all the current popular CS maps all set up into one huge map and you could have 256 people playing at once.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Could you imagine a map that was basicly all the current popular CS maps all set up into one huge map and you could have 256 people playing at once.

*see it now*
- 1 awp camper at T spawn on a de map.
- 250 people cussing his name out
- admin_stressfactor +10

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Exo-Slayer @ Aug. 10 2004,12:28)]Could you imagine a map that was basicly all the current popular CS maps all set up into one huge map and you could have 256 people playing at once.
CS servers are having a hard enough time with 26-32 players and getting decent ping at the same time. so theres no real way you can have a server support 256 people
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]i thought that was for hl2 only
No thats the limitation of the Source Engine so if some crazy map maker wants they can add 256 spawn points (huge map).

Oh and heres a link to find lan centers locally that would have CS source playable, Luckily a Center just down the street from me is preloading now I may have to go give it a try maybe get a lan party together after church Sunday...
http://www.steampowered.com/?area=cafe_directory&country=US

Wow Half-Life 2 is going to start preloading very soon this must mean the game is pretty much finished?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Just got out of a review meeting. 8/11 the Cafe's turn on (tomorrow). 8/16 CZ/ATI users pre-load. 8/18 CZ/ATI turns on. 8/17 HL-2 pre-load starts (textures, audio and other stuff that doesn't change).
Forum Post

Doesn't change the fact that ToJ isn't gonna make a 256 player server, when ToJ changes CS to CS:S. Would be laughable though.
laugh.gif

Doesn't mean we couldn't make a 32 or 64 man server.

I quess we will have to try it out as I am downloading CS Source Server Beta to the server right now as it was just released about 20 mins ago. w00t!

I've got CZ, so I'm just waiting for CS:S to appear in steam. I just now noticed the different steam menu, guess it's been a long time since I've played anything. I've been very sick
sad.gif
but I'm better now.
biggrin.gif

Back