Could use some prayer

Elusiv

About every 4 months or so I suffer from mild depression. It could be a chemcial imbalance of some type...I hav no idea really. I could really use some words of encouragement tonight.

Elusiv

1 Peter 5:10 "And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast."

“Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him For the help of His countenance. …For You are the God of my strength…” (Psalm 42:5, 43:2).

Thanks all...I appreciate the encouragement. Feeling better already.

Hey buddy! I actually have a close uncle and cousin (father and son) that deal with this as well. They are both pastors! I know that it can be very serious, and can happen for seemingly no reason at all. They both have incredible families, several friends, and good Christian children; they appear to have the perfect life, but this still happens to them.

Here are some verses I've found that can help:

I Corinthians 10:13 "No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it."

II Corinthians 1:8-11 "We do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about the hardships we suffered in the province of Asia. We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired even of life. Indeed, in our hearts we felt the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead. He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, as you help us by your prayers.

Praying for you, my brother!

hey elusiv, not sure what you have in the way of family or how old you are or anything like that but just know that any of us are here to talk to if/when you need to. Well, except my daughter, Unchained, who has discovered her newest internet addiction - Smallworlds. I may have to take a break from WoW just to be able to talk to her now.

Back