Corsair 1gb of notebook ram

homefri

ok hello all.im am a friend of atown and i just found a 1gb stick of ram for my notebook and i would like to know if neone can tell me if they know or could find out if it is dual channel i would like to make my lappy have 2gb of ram but i need this info soon caus ethe offer ends on the 18th.ive searched and hve found nothing.thank you.the info for the stick is....Corsair VS1GSDS667D2 1GB DDR2-667 PC2-5300 Value Select SO-DIMM Memory Retail. and slickdeals ftw.

dual channel refers to the mobo's memory handling not the sticks of ram. Dual channel means the sticks have to be installed in matched pairs. Check your notebook's manual to see if it requires pairs..if the notebook does not mention dual-channel then you can install one stick at a time.

im aware that i can install them one at a time i just want my comp to the run the best for the least a mount of money.i can either get 2 of these 1gb sticks that mite be dualk channeled or i can get lower quality brand of 2 1gb sticks that are dual channeld for a bit more

wel i was planning on buyin 2 of em so id have 2gb of ram.ND I WAS READING UNDER newegg and a guy bnought the sam stick and he put it in dual channel mode w/ his other stick and my setup now is running dual channel

In order to run in dual channel mode both memory DIMMS must
1. Contain the same amount of memory.
2. Be capable of running at the same speed.
3. Be capable of running with the same timings.
Normally, buying two identical DIMMS from the same manufacturer is enough to allow this. To be extra sure it is worth buying your RAM in matched pairs as Hescominsoon said, which are guaranteed to work together in dual channel mode. Normally it is cheaper to buy a matched pair than buy two separate DIMMS anyway.

Back