Control SC from your ipad/iphone....

Uh wow.

Thats easily an advantage for people with an iPhone or iPad.

They can have it. You would need this connected to a real instance of Starcraft to work. Think WiFi keyboard and mouse = lag your face.

No thank you.

Wow, because naturally having 14 APM wasn't hard enough, now we gotta lower it (for a price) to 5 APM.

Wow, because naturally having 14 APM wasn't hard enough, now we gotta lower it (for a price) to 5 APM.

always wondered what it would be like if sc II was a turn based strategy game....Oh, wait. 6 pool would always win :(

I know what 6 pool means now! :p

Touch screen controls are going to be good for slow adventure games, and certain puzzles. Here was some cool news that just came out, but even it's controls are questionable to me:
http://www.beyondunreal.com/view_story.php?id=13243

Meh, that looked really lame to me. THe only thing awesome about that video was when the U circle came up.

What's my big deal with 6 pool? lol i mention it twice, not a big deal to me ^^;

Meh, that looked really lame to me. THe only thing awesome about that video was when the U circle came up.

The fighting WAS lame. But those graphics on a mobile device with that framerate is what was cool. Pretty soon they are going to use that technology for a game that will also play well instead of just look pretty. It'll give me something to do on a plane ride, ya know? :). I can image a Myst sort of game would be good. That's much more suited to touch screens than something fast paced like SCII. Getting back on the thread topic, at least this SCII app is just a helper thingy to give yourself some more hotkeys. I still think removing fingers from the keyboard momentarialy to touch a shortcut on an iphone is going to be slower.

The fighting WAS lame. But those graphics on a mobile device with that framerate is what was cool. Pretty soon they are going to use that technology for a game that will also play well instead of just look pretty. It'll give me something to do on a plane ride, ya know? :). I can image a Myst sort of game would be good. That's much more suited to touch screens than something fast paced like SCII. Getting back on the thread topic, at least this SCII app is just a helper thingy to give yourself some more hotkeys. I still think removing fingers from the keyboard momentarialy to touch a shortcut on an iphone is going to be slower.

Nintendo has been giving me a lot of stuff to do ever since gameboy and nintendo ds has by far keep me happy during times I have to wait in dr.'s offices and other boring stuff. Yes, I bring my DS in a grown man's doctors office with no shame. Planet puzzle league ftw. "But Dr. I was waiting for you for over 2 hours in this waiting room. Now you have to let me finish this level!"

Ok, this 6 pool stuff needs to end now. If anyone else mentions 6 pool again I will 6 pool you in real life.

Back