Consilium Christiani

What day should the Consilium meet?

• Total voters
Yes, that's Latin. I'm a dork.

So anyway, long ago in an alliance not so far away (once torn by civil strife but since reunited with old friends, etc. etc. [and yes, I mean the SoE alliance]), I had this lovely discussion circle. It was, in fact, a circle. And a discussion.
This pretty little gathering took place in my guild hall with about 9 other alliance members, and was quite interesting. We discussed how we have interpreted parts of the Bible and whatnot.

Well today... eh yesterday according to the early morning clock... I was reminded of this intriguing event (which was referred to sort of as a "Baptist BBQ" as a result of the sit and chat over the campfire style of conversation) when a somewhat similar discussion arose in alliance chat.

So, to cut to the chase finally, I'm reviving the BBQ. Only this time, it's becoming a scheduled ordeal and will have an official, multi-/non-denominational name to avoid confusion. This will be like the official unofficial Bible study, in which we will hopefully be able to share our thoughts.

And now may I present... <Insert drumroll here.> Consilium Christiani! (The Christians' Discussion/Debate [whichever term you prefer]!) Consilium for short.

This fancy schmancy title is that of a new idea for weekly discussion circle in the FoG guild hall, hosted by at least one guild leader (usually me), and several officers, with equal and balanced input from all participants.
Now I would like to avoid TS for several reasons, including but probably not limited to the limit on access by alliance members and the inconvenience of talking over each other and accidentally shutting others out inherent with 1-at-a-time chat.

As per the content of the discussions, it's rather difficult to explain, but basically getting everybody's viewpoint and trying to see our religion from as many possible perspectives as possible. The method of approach will involve choosing a topic at the start of the consilium and sitting in a nice little circle and chatting openly about our thoughts and views on said topic (usually but not specifically about the Bible, chuch, etc.).

And lastly (the part I find most difficult), scheduling meetings. I would prefer Saturday or late weekday meetings, but my schedule is always wonky and rarely will i have time for anything ever... plus I'm generally bad at collecting the popular vote for the scheduling.

Comment/question as necessary...

I see that there is a black hole in the forum in the location of this thread. I suppose I'll have to bump it and act like I'm not disobeying the rules of the forum in order to maybe get continued activity...

Actual reason for bump/double post:
I was not online for the past several days and have been very busy with school. I ignored this thread and the game and should check back in on it. I'd really like to get this started before I go off to college, just to keep me occupied with something worthwhile in my life instead of whatever temptations I might find in the frightening land of far-from-my-parents.
If you'd like to start having weekly Consilii, we can start this week (even though apparently spending Valentines Day doing anything but being with your cuppycake is taboo). However, I'll be gone (to the college that is far-from-my-parents) on the 21st (I'm leavin' on a jet plane, but I know when I'll be back again).
So if we don't start this week, we'll have to wait until the 28th.
Pray tell what our plans are to be.

Back