Condemnation

Anayo

I read once in the bible that while whoever curses God will be forgiven, but cursing the holy spirit is something that will not be forgiven "In this age or any age to come". I apoligize for having not kept track of the scripture reference.
My question is, if someone were to say the words in their head without truly meaning them in their heart, would they be condemned? I'm rather distraught by it.

-Anayo

more or less in my mind the verse is talking about not accepting the gift of eternal life before they are dead. then after that it is unforgivable. i may be wrong buts thats my believe. as for your question i dont believe they are condemed. they still have time to repent.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]apostate
err whats that?? and the verse he is reffering to is :matthew 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

this has come up on a topic before but that is my thoughts. i really cannot defend it well either sadly enough. which is unuseal for me. though one thing i did come up with a while ago when i did a paper on contradictions in the bible i found this explanation: Basically when they blaspheme against the Holy Spirit that is purely rejecting Jesus AND His salvation so really he is stuck in hell forever making it unforgivable since its to late when your in hell. err its short and goes the same way but it better worded in my opinion than my prevous answer
biggrin.gif

An apostate is one who turns his back on his Faith and Religion which is a far more greivous sin than that of a heretic which only denies one or more doctrines.

According to the Catholic church apostasy is not the same thing as unbelief. "Unbelief is an act of the understanding: whereas apostasy seems rather to consist in some outward deed or utterance, or even in some inward act of the will".

In other words, apostasy denotes a backsliding from God

THe holy spirit is gods gift to you, you can only have the spirit if you are saved, so If you are saved and then curse God you are in deep doo doo

Back