Concerning the dark side

Epikfail

I caved into trying out some of the sith storylines and I have to say that after playing the sith side, I am not sure I can level a sith character. for example one quest to get dark or light side points I was to either kill them painlessly or torture them. Both choices are pretty clearly dark. I just wanted to post this and see if anyone else has any thoughts about this.

I am not sure I know what one your talking about, but If your talking about the one I Know of that's like that, I found a way to not torture him, spare his life and still help him get off world.

I managed to get light side points and Help him get away. NOT sure if we are talking about the same one but that's the one I know of.

no i played that one too, but my point is that the whole sith storyline just seems so annoying evil. there was even one part where I lied and got light side points for a quest solely b/c the lie made the guy feel better. and doing the exact same thing in the jedi story got me dark side points.

Humm. I didnt play very deep into it. I can see the issue with that..... I have been concerned about the dark side stuff too thats why I was thinking of going agent or BH.... BUt even still they have some tough choices..... I have to say this though Jedi gave some rough choices too.

I found myself in one quest Jedi side deciding to save do something for someone that would cause some problem, but would save another group of people. I think they are building in Moral decisions into both sides, BUT I do see your concerns.

I'm perfectly ok with being an evil sith in SWTOR. That is what the dark side is, isn't it? I didn't join up with these guys to rescue kittens (if I wanted that I'd play as a jedi and frolic through the meadows).

also, I play this song when I play.

I just remember our guild name and it helps me know where to go with it. My toon will help redeem our fallen brothers and sisters.

The developers have put in a lot of light side content and they don't make it easy but there is a path to be a light Sith.

Last edited:
I caved into trying out some of the sith storylines and I have to say that after playing the sith side, I am not sure I can level a sith character. for example one quest to get dark or light side points I was to either kill them painlessly or torture them. Both choices are pretty clearly dark. I just wanted to post this and see if anyone else has any thoughts about this.

I understand your concerns, but let me assure you that it does get much better. I played a light side Sith Warrior through level 31 in a previous beta weekend and after Korriban the LS options get much better. You are still loyal to the Empire and thus will still fight the Empire's enemies, but you become more and more merciful and even start openly talking about influencing the Empire for good from the inside. I the idea is that the Sith characters start at a dark place on Korriban, but as your story advances you can get more light (or more dark) if you so choose. I was really pleasantly surprised with how good the storyline of a light side Sith Warrior turned out. I would suggest that you give it more of a chance.

If you still don't want to put up with Korriban as a Sith, you can always try one of the non-force users instead. They don't really start in as dark a place and as such it doesn't have quite the same feeling at the beginning.

thats good to know. I mean i really want to be with the guild so if I had to suck it up and play through the story line I would have, but knowing that it gets better brings hope. I was just concerned that i would be at a disadvantage if I always chose light side and wasnt able to get dark side items or something like that. Sith looks way cooler, and I do enjoy the story, I just didnt want to have to torture ppl all the way up to level 50 to be a good sith.

thats good to know. I mean i really want to be with the guild so if I had to suck it up and play through the story line I would have, but knowing that it gets better brings hope. I was just concerned that i would be at a disadvantage if I always chose light side and wasnt able to get dark side items or something like that. Sith looks way cooler, and I do enjoy the story, I just didnt want to have to torture ppl all the way up to level 50 to be a good sith.

There are items that require light side in addition to the items that require dark side. I'm not sure how that all balances out in end game, but in my play time I actually saw several items that required light side and only a couple that required dark side. The items are the only (minor) gameplay difference between LS and DS, though. I would think Bioware is going to balance LS and DS items as well as they can, and the rest of the alignment changes are just cosmetic/story changes as far as I know.

sweet. thank you for clearing that up for me. B/c I WANNA SHOOT LIGHTNING OUT MAH FINGERS!

Glad to help. My experience with LS Sith was with a Sith Warrior, but I would think the Inquisitor will be similar. You might want to keep in mind that the Inquisitor's story is by nature the one that starts out the darkest, so it isn't that surprising that some parts of it will be uncomfortable.

The choices on the Republic side are similar, it all comes down to heart. Do you kill the guy to save the colonists or kill the guy for the money.

The choices on the Republic side are similar, it all comes down to heart. Do you kill the guy to save the colonists or kill the guy for the money.

Wait, people in the Republic kill people? Shocking. Simply shocking. Maybe Han really did shoot first.

I don't understand the dilemma. One of my bonus objectives on Ord Mantell was to kill 50 seperatists. Prior to that I slaughtered dozens of people for the sake of the republic. Killing one person or group of people painlessly isn't anything out of the ordinary. :b

Back