Concerning Psalm 11:5

jw203

Hi CGA, I have seen some other Christians use Psalm 11:5 to condemn first person shooters like COD. What is y'all opinion of this and do you think they are taking this passage out of context?

Welcome to the forums, jw203.

This is a question that comes up from time to time - you might look through some of the CGA general archives. Three things I'd mention off the top of my head without a big Bible study:

1) There is a big difference between violence in the sense of really hurting real people, and enjoying gaming. A word study might be enlightenimg.

2) God was clearly not opposed to violence in it's proper place.

3) The guy who wrote that verse, David, was one of the most rough-n-tumble guys in the whole Bible who did a lot of violent things. I don't think God hated the man "after His own heart."

Those things have to be taken into consideration when trying to figure out the application of this verse.

Thanks for the advice, if you don't mind me asking, could you post a link to the CGA general archive I can't seem to find them.

If you scroll down and look on the very last line in the forum - on the right hand side - there is a link to "Archive." When you go to that link you can look at all the CGA archives.

While it may come up in several forums, there are several related discussions in the "What Does God Say About..." forum. Here is the link.

If you scroll down and look on the very last line in the forum - on the right hand side - there is a link to "Archive." When you go to that link you can look at all the CGA archives.

While it may come up in several forums, there are several related discussions in the "What Does God Say About..." forum. Here is the link.
Thanks.

Back