Computer Woes

Jason Franklin

I realize I'm the newest here and haven't really gotten to know y'all yet, but I needed to share.

I'm sad.

I gather from the posts I've read there are a couple other mac users here besides myself. Commiserate with me. I had to FedEx my MacBook to Apple today for some repair. My case was cracking.

I am, for the nonce, forced to use my wife's Window$ machine.:eek:

In all seriousness, I hadn't realized how dependent I have become on mods. She uses none - and I'm like a drug addict going through withdrawals. Man without QuestHelper I seriously can't find my way out of the proverbial paper bag.:rolleyes:

Oh, woe is me!

"But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up!" Ecclesiastes 4:10b

I think I'm pretty much just going to be farming for the next 7 to 10 business days. I did accidentally end up completing a quest during my harvesting today though.

I don't thing I could even play without mods now.
Hi my name is Heath and I'm a mod junkie....

I feel your pain. I have over 80 mods (not a typo) and i am on the Mac. My hubby (Lechuza/Cowthulu) had to buy a new puter (a Windows machine!) and is getting used to it. It was too slow before for him to use any mods... but now he is thinking about adding some of his old standbys.
Because he is so handy with puters, he designed a UI for this mac - very pretty, clean lines and glossy buttons (for me) - and looking at the plain UI that WoW uses... well, I couldn't function. Not enough buttons by a longshot.

So yes. I understand going through withdrawl from Mac.... and worse... the mods.

You poor poor thing.

Try Tom Tom... great addon that will help you find your way. :D

Got my MacBook back today. Wow, less than 7 day turnaround to fix my case. Looks like the replaced the faceplate and trackpad. Stoked!

Hey guys and gals, I'm hoping to be the newest member to MSC and I just want to say how much I've appreciated Kortak/Jason's introduction about the guild even though I was acquainted through ToJ he did lay the ground work.

On to the topic: I must say I'm too lazy to worry about mods, however, I did try out the latest edition of the gatherer mod and it helps wonderfully. Seeing as how I'm trying to get back into the game I need to do some scouting for all of the essential mods, CT, Enemy Cast, cooldown, etc. I guess I'm not lazy just too lazy to install 60+ mods :p. So correct me if I'm wrong, so all mac users have to put mods on the game for it to run efficiently?

In His Name,

Beniah/Brandon

Hey guys and gals, I'm hoping to be the newest member to MSC and I just want to say how much I've appreciated Kortak/Jason's introduction about the guild even though I was acquainted through ToJ he did lay the ground work.

In His Name,

Beniah/Brandon
Well I would like to WELCOME you to MSC and feel free to call on me in game, pm here in forum or email when you need anything. In game I have Yellowjacket, Killeen, Erath, and Demitt.

Beniah's Going Down!

Ya know YJ, I think you should put Beniah on some sort of probationary status. That's like the second dig in two days. :( First he called me old! :confused: Now this mac mod crack. :mad: That's it! I'm gonna create an alliance character just to take your tookas out. ;) :D

Welcome aboard man. Good talking to you the other day.

Not Me!

Haha :D it took me awhile to understand what you meant by old Kortak, then I remembered lol! You said you we're in your thirties. Correct? My pastor had a funny way of putting it to his wife once she turned thirty-three. He said, "You realize your as old as Jesus was when he was crucified." Of course he can't use that since now he is thirty-three but it was humorous. We all got a good laugh out about that..... so if indeed your that age I can share in his joy at such a morbid jive. All in fun of course :p You'll have to realize that at times I don't realize that what I say might have a, dig in the way it comes across. So please pardon me :rolleyes:

-Btw bring it.... you can wait for me to /pvp on when we meet in game if your roll an alliance toon.

Brandon, to answer your question, you don't NEED mods either on Mac or PC - they just help. Like doing macros in battle.

Rudy and I are going through a phase where we are weeding out some mods - we have a LOT - and some are much more useful than others. Auctioneer is wonderful for anything regarding pricing - whether you are selling items you pick up or working the AH. I will look at some more and perhaps start a thread of mods we find most useful.

Macro's

Madeline,

Could you make any suggestions about useful macros that you use on your Mage character? I'm always trying to redefine how I play my mage and anything that makes life less frustrating is always a plus when playing a game. I think a huge struggle for me is effective use of my character and placement of specific abilities while in combat and trying to avoid errors, which do happen :eek:.

Currently the way I have things laid out is I use keys 1-5 as my core spells: #1 Polymorph, #2 Fireball, #3 Fireblast, etc... then so I don't have to stretch across the length of the board I tend to use Shift + #1-5 keys for other quick response spells... example Shift+#1 Rank 1 Frostbolt.... etc. My problem isn't so much having to deal with the lower levels when they're isn't an abundance of abilities to choose from but my when you're a lvl 70 and key location is paramount to survival. They're are others I use like V - for a timed ice lance or dragons breath and random assortment of other keys. This is my first time really seeing how other players use they're keyboard.

Thanks in advance for any comments,

Beniah/Brandon

Hey Brandon,

Naw aint torqued in any way...just pullin' yer leg. I thought of the 33 thing as well (which I am for another week). I think it was Mark Lowry to said he was going to wait till 33 to get married because that's the age Jesus laid down His life.

My wife teases me about being an old man, especially in the mornings when my bruised and battered joints have a hard time getting in gear (many injuries - still ambulatory by the grace of God).

Okay this thread got way off topic (I am notorious on other forums for hijacking threads - I have special ADD powers! I change subjects so fast it leaves my opponents in a dazed stupor). I think I need to write a book - "Preaching to a ADD World" Taking the best of John Piper's and Brian Chapell's instructions in preaching and adapting it to and for those who can't stay on target.

Last edited:
Jason - I am definitely the old lady here - will be 45 next birthday! :p I have arthritis and scholiosis and other stuff.... so I am a little slower than i would like...

As far as macros and etc for the mage - I use bartender because once the buttons are down where I can see them, I do better. It is very much a personal playing style - I have some...er.... dippy brain issues and it is easier for me if everything is out where I can see it.

As far as order, I hardly ever use sheep... don't know why.... but my main ones are fireball, fireblast, pyroblast and scorch in that order - although my first shot to unsuspecting mobs is pyroblast. I tend to use frost nova and netherweave net (tailoring) for mob control so I can still fire away at them.

On the picture of my UI you get a better idea of my setup if you blow it up. I haven't really used macros because I tend to mix up my order a lot depending on mobs and positioning, etc. My hunter uses macros because there are some things you have to do all the time, hunter's mark- send pet... like that.

Don't know if that helps at all (probably not) but the best advice is to set up a way that you work best. If you like macros and you are specced for fire, perhaps pyroblast then fireball and fireblast (that should be overkill for most poor mobs!). Frost is easier to level with because of the control, but it is not as DPS intensive - but the other faction HATES frost mages in PVP!! :D

Back