Computer=gone

I wish you well for the future izip...remember what the others have said, learn from this mistake and keep your feet on the Rock.

Little Update: My mother said that depending upon the grades I get in 5 weeks, I can gain full computer access back again (thats somewhat optimistic). Ah well, I;m glad Im off of games/chatting for some weeks, gives me time to do some self-reflecting/reading (Im going to pick up that book tomorrow Exo.) and to grow as a Christian. Thanks for the support guys, hopefully I;ll see you all in CS and on AIM early/mid-March.

My dear friend in Christ,

Storms come and go in our lives, sometimes they're not always easy to bear. We all do bad things, and we usually have to pay the consequences. You understand this by what I've read, and you already have decided to take time to improve yourself. God loves you, and we all agape you. We're rooting for you and we will always be your friends here, no matter what. May the Lord richly bless your life and your heart.

Ken

Good to hear zip... there could be a plan in through all of this
smile.gif

Not sure if you read it yet, but since you like apologetic stuff you may want to check out The Case for Christ by Lee Strobel, a Chicago Times columnist. There's a student version, but I think you can handle the one for the big boys  
tounge.gif

Keep me up to date man... I'll be back down in a month or two probably for a visit.

Yeah,I've looked at it before in Borders/Barnes and Noble. I've read a bunch of stuff (a lot of C.S. Lewis books, and various other philosophers books, J.P. Moreland, Alvin Plantinga etc.), and I'm currently reading "Relativism: Feet Firmly Planted in Mid-Air" which is an excellent critique of moral relativism. I look forward to reading "Every Young Man's Battle," that should be a good read.

Exo, hopefully when you come down we can grab a bite to eat together or a movie and maybe do some LANFERNOing.
smile.gif

I'll keep in touch guys. Thanks again for the support.
-zip

Izip some good C.S. lewis books that you may want to read if you havent is
the ScrewTape Letters
Abolotion of Man ( yeah i got that one totally off)
Mere Christianity

Did anyone else know that tolkien was a Roman Catholic?

I've read the last two, but not the first one. My mom has all of his books, but I haven't read them all (obviously). A Grief Observed, about the death of his wife, is supposedly pretty good.

the fact that Tolkien was Christian is fairly well known, and Christian aspects of Lord of the Rings are commonly cited. the fact that he's Catholic however, is not known.

besides, where did that comment come from?

didja know the black box in a place is actually orange?
biggrin.gif

Agreed, the screwtape letters by C.S. Lewis is a pretty cool read Zip... its from a demon's viewpoint, what strategies they use to trip us up.

It is not as complex as most Lewis writing, however, it'll still make you think (which is usually a good thing...)

Back