Comp Problems

inkelis

My comp freezes After about 30 mins of playing... I do not know the problem if anyone has any ideas PM me or post here.

Thank You.
-Aaron Adams
Ch31ft41n

As far as i can tell it's only GW. It has never done it any other time. Pretty sure it's not overheating either, because i have 2 big external fans from my livingroom blowing on it(I took off the case to my comp). So i have no idea waht the problem is. Here is my syst specs:

AMD T-bird 1.1gb with 256 mb of RAM. Nvidia GF4 ti4200 128mb vid card.
what could it be? It seems to be getttin worse the more i play GW, At first it would just restart and now it's freezing all together.
Any Suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank You.
-Aaron Adams
Ch31ft41n

Last edited:
I just logged back into GW like 5 mins ago. It froze within the first 10 mins. I have no idea why... Because on the other hand i can play counter-strike for hours without it Freezing or restarting. Does not make sense to me at all, and also is very irritating.

-Aaron Adams
Ch31ft41n

well, Considering it's streamed info i doubt it will work. But i did send a message to tech support at guild wars.com they will get back to me with a suggestion. I will keep in mind reinstalling.

I was having problems with the game freezing up on me last night a couple of times, then it stopped on its own. One time it froze up within 5 minutes of logging back in. Sometimes it has done that and cleared up without disconnecting from the game. It is frustrating when that happens (especially when mid-fight!).

Hope your problem is just on their end too.

I have a 64MB version of the TI 4200 graphics card. try turning down the detail from Max to about 60% of max. see if that helps. when i run with the graphics all cranked up I get some texture problems.

double-check any background tasks you've got running.

you might try upgrading your ram from 256 to at least 512. you could also download freememxp pro, its a freeware program that helps refresh your ram maximizing performance. you can get it at www.download.com. you could try overclocking.....but i really wouldnt reccomend it. hope it helps :)

I had to reinstall GW on my wifes PC ... it was causing problems. I guess during steaming or decompressing something went wrong.

Thank you all for the useful information. Talori, My whole comp freezes. And i have to shut it down. The Tech help have given me ideas i will try them when i get home. Thank you all again

-Aaron Adams
Ch31ft41n

Back