Collaborative Christian WvW Guild

Xivor

Hello fellow brothers and sisters in Christ!

My name is Roger (also known as Xivor, Lord Xivor, and Combat Medic Barbie, my commander character in WvW) and I would like to approach you all with an idea...a proposition, if you will. Let me get straight to the issue at hand:

I would like to create a Christian-only WvW collaborative guild on Sanctum of Rall for these specific goals:
- Consolidating Christian WvW players under one collective banner
- Allow Christian Commanders a larger roster of Christians to form organized groups and possibly even all-Christian zergs, with the possibility of attacking keeps and larger
- Have an all-Christian, family-friendly VoIP (RaidCall) for coordinated Christian groups/zergs
- Create weekly WvW nights that are Christian-community-wide, where many Christian guilds can participate
- Have a large element of Christians collectively representing an obvious Christian guild tag on the SoR server, giving representation for Christ in the WvW community

YOU: "But we have a WvW group already and we have 2 Commanders already!"

Hear me out...there is a reason why I am approaching you all on this.

I am the current Guild Leader of the Chariot of Fire [FIRE] guild on SoR. I am also a key member of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] on SoR. Prior to GW2, I was the Guild Leader of Our God Is A Consuming [FIRE] guild in GW1, one of the founding guilds of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] alliance. Prior to being the Guild Leader of [FIRE], I was an officer in Christian Expeditionary Force [CEF] way back in about 2008. Some of you old-timers may remember that guild back in the day. Some of you all may know me from these guilds. I post these credentials because I want to share that I have been around for some time in the Guild Wars Christian community. I LOVE the way that we can fellowship together as brothers and sisters in Christ in ArenaNet games.

WvW can be a ton of fun, but it can be very challenging for small groups of WvW players. A group of 3-5 players can do small captures in the game, but do not have a chance in attacking some of the larger captures, such as Keeps and even Stonemist Castle. In order to participate in larger groups (zergs) and actually do so in a supremely coordinated fashion, Christians would have to follow the zerg Commander and participate in the server's unofficial WvW TS. I logged into the Zerodrama TS yesterday and it was the worst gaming environment I have ever endured. Or group wanted to follow the commander, understand his tactics, and truly do our best in the fully immersive experience. However, the TS was NOT family-friendly and there was much cursing, disrespect, and antagonizing. We signed off and we rolled a small 5 person group for the rest of the night.

This is why I am proposing starting a WvW guild. This is my proposal:

- I have created World Vs World For God [wGOD] as Guild Leader and a Commander.
- Any Christians, whether in a Christian guild or not, that desire to WvW in a family-friendly Christian environment are able to join World Vs World For God [wGOD].
- Any Commanders that desire to participate would become officers in World Vs World For God [wGOD] and have guild invite control.
- All guilds that provide members/commanders to World Vs World For God [wGOD] will be designated as a "partner guild" and will be "allies" in all respects.
- 100% REPRESENT IS NOT REQUIRED. All members have their own respective guilds. Representing is ONLY required during activities coordinated by World Vs World For God [wGOD] Commanders, and all influence will be used for primarily WvW buffs.

I am NOT trying to steal your members. I am NOT trying to tear apart your guild. I respect each and every Christian guild that exists in this game. My only goal is to allow Christians that enjoy WvW the opportunity to fellowship and collaborate in a highly organized fashion with Christian Commanders, and by collaborating with the various Christian guilds on the server, we can create a master roster of Christian WvWers for Commanders to develop zergs off of. And, this also allows for Christian Community WvW nights where dedicated WvWers from many Christian guilds can gather together in a large number to assault keeps and maybe someday, take on Stonemist.

If you have any questions, PLEASE share here, or message me in-game. My account ID is xivor.8754.

Ok although I am allergic to PvP in any form myself, I would like to put my stamp of approval on this idea as an officer of LoE. I know it has been difficult for some of our members to find a G rated method of teaming up in WvW for zergs and captures, so LoE here is your chance. No I am not booting anybody out or asking you to jump ship, but for the nights we have difficulty in forming coordinated groups, and you feel like doing something with a Christian guild here ya go. Discuss this here, and let the officers and leader know what you think.

Totally. I am not trying to pull anybody away from their current guilds. I am and will still be the Guild Leader for Chariot of Fire [FIRE]. However, I desire to lead teams to succeed in WvW. I think that as Christians, we should be able to participate in bringing our server to #1, but do so in such a way that does not compromise our standards as Christians. FIRE has always been focused on maintaining a family-friendly environment, and that is something I hope to instill through a shared WvW guild. Again, repping is only for the organized events...i.e. announced WvW Nights or if a Commander logs on and messages those online in the roster to participate and those players choose to participate. Repping is only strictly for a unified tag that clearly displays Christ and the ability to utilize WvW buffs (something that smaller Christian guilds would often overlook in favor of other more lucrative PvE options).

Please ask any questions you may have. I am here to serve. I only want to be a tool for His work and a shepherd for His people in something as simple as a competative online game.

Also, I only know of TWO Christian guilds off the top of my head that I can find online that are on Sanctum of Rall (other than The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk]) and my own guild: LoE and Saints3g [SAVD]. I am talking with those in charge of the SOLA clan, and apparently they dissolved their GW2 guild. If you have any other Christian guilds that you may know of on SoR that would benefit from this, please let me know. I appreciate the word of mouth!

I love this idea. I dabble in WvW, but i'm not an expert in pvp. I tend to run with the zerg but lately that's been difficult. The overall attitude on SoR that i've seen is "Hey, XX guild has this map! If you're not in XX then get off the map!" Or, "Join zerodrama now or get off the map. If you're not in ts, you're not helping!!" I kinda agree that voice chat is extremely helpful, but like you said, the server ts is full of cussing and trashtalk. I didn't feel comfortable staying there and I know others that feel the same way.

I have run several times with the Helios guild. They aren't Christians but they do tend to keep their channel "family friendly" when their commanders are running the show. I do still hear the occasional f-bomb from their leaders but it isn't non-stop like it is with other guilds.

I remember FIRE. Mesmer of Avenger would invite me to some HA matches with you guys back in the day and I'd definitely like to do more WvW, but realize that I am still learning.

I love this idea. I dabble in WvW, but i'm not an expert in pvp. I tend to run with the zerg but lately that's been difficult. The overall attitude on SoR that i've seen is "Hey, XX guild has this map! If you're not in XX then get off the map!" Or, "Join zerodrama now or get off the map. If you're not in ts, you're not helping!!" I kinda agree that voice chat is extremely helpful, but like you said, the server ts is full of cussing and trashtalk. I didn't feel comfortable staying there and I know others that feel the same way.

I have run several times with the Helios guild. They aren't Christians but they do tend to keep their channel "family friendly" when their commanders are running the show. I do still hear the occasional f-bomb from their leaders but it isn't non-stop like it is with other guilds.

I remember FIRE. Mesmer of Avenger would invite me to some HA matches with you guys back in the day and I'd definitely like to do more WvW, but realize that I am still learning.

Yeah, HIRE, EVO, and FEAR are often the guild that are running the show when I tend to get in WvW and the Zerodrama TS and the backup are littered with garbage. I am trying to form a group that can do something similar amongst our community. Imagine being able to claim Stonemist as a Guild capture...by a Christian guild! I think that would be amazing! And, if we can pick up a couple more Christian commanders, we could have a variety of WvW times and events. I am one man, and I will do what I may. I am totally ok with new WvWers. Even when doing small group activities, which is totally ok. We share our knowledge with respect and encouragement, rather than chide each other because of our "noobishness" like other guilds would.

Those of you that are interested, please post your in-game name and I will get you into the guild!

Outstanding Idea..i like WvW but lack high knowledge since the nerfs and stuff.
i am looking to do more and get my son involved in more GW2 activities.
I am trying to keep him playing with other Christians if possible
This is due to my attempt at keeping his chat and game content appropriate.
i will message you in game for an invite for me and my son.
thanks again for sharing this info...i think this would be a great way to band a bunch of Christian guilds together for some clean fun

Last edited:
Just an update:

I have also contacted Saints 3G [SAVD] and Saints of Lions Arch [SOLA]. Within the next couple days, I will be talking personally with the guild leader for The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk], of which I am also a member and good friends with the core Milkers and guild leader. Right now, we are sitting on 8 members, several from my guild Chariot of Fire [FIRE], and three from [LoE]. Again, these are the infancy stages. I have even considered reaching out to Christian guilds in other servers, but the problem would be the cost to shift servers. Being SoR, we have the potential to be the #1 server in WvW once again, and as Christians, we could have a HUGE influence in this. I am tired of seeing [FEAR] and [HIRE] be the main entities out there, when we could set an example for Christ while competing to win, something that affects the WHOLE server community! Everyone gets buffs in their PvE experience when we do well!

Right now, I am the only Commander however. I have not found any other Christian Commanders as of yet. Right now, being smaller, I anticipate 2 organized WvW events per week, but if we get more Commanders that know how to lead out there, we can transition into more. I am willing to work with anyone that has ideas and zeal to help make this work. I think there is a HUGE opportunity here...and SoR is struggling in WvW and we could use the extra push!

We have several commanders in our guild but I don't think any of them actively lead in WvW. Our guild leader, Ryan is a commander but he has been AWOL for a bit now. Dark Blue Death and Vile Vexx are also commanders in our guild. Both have played WvW but I don't know how much. I don't think either visit the forums often so contacting them ingame would be better.

Let us know when you plan to schedule a WvW event.

Tonight at 7pm server time (10pm EST), I will be leading an Server-wide Christian community excursion into the competative World versus World (WvW) tonight. I have been contacting other Christian guilds concerning organized WvW collectively amongst each other, and I have created a new guild specifically for Christian WvW events. This will allow all of us from different guilds to participate together under one banner and have a common Christian guild tag that easily displays our faith to the WvW community Guild Name: World Versus World For God [wGOD]. I have positive feedback from some Christians from Chariot of Fire [FIRE] , Saints of Lion's Arch [SOLA], Saints 3G [SAVD], and Lions of Judah [LoJ].

I will operate as Commander for our group, and we will be organized on Raidcall. Once we gather together, I will let everyone know the group ID for the RaidCall group that we will be participating in, and I will figure out what map we will be tackling at that time, based upon the status of the zones.

THis is a highly organized team event. Anyone can partipate of any level, however, those that are not level 80 with lower armor may find themselves dying more frequently and quickly. Any build and any profession is acceptable, however the usage of skills that cause the various combo fields (fire field, etc) and blast combo finishers are highly needed for group aoe buffs. Also, elementalists using staff is highly recommended for the usage of Static Field for AoE stun. I will provide all seige equipment; you provide all the motivation and the fun!

Accountancy Waypoint in Rata Sum. Message me at Xivor.8754. You can invite other guildies as well...just have them message me for a guild invite!

And, the event was a success!! Our first night drew a total of 9 players, all coordinated through RaidCall voice communications, representing three different Christian guilds. We had veteran WvW players and people that have never done this before! Most importantly, we had an outstanding time of fellowship and fun as we worked together through many captures and defends. [wGOD] now boast a membership roster of 15, and this is without 2 of my own WvW guildies that cannot join due to having too many guild memberships already. A success thus far!

Thanks to those that have participated and thanks for Legacy of Elijah [LoE] for generously donating siege blueprints for future events!

For more info, please contact me here or send me a message in-game at xivor.8754.

I was hoping someone in LoE would raid our blueprint stash. Sounds like a huge success, and I hope to hear from LoE members their thoughts on how it went.

And, the event was a success!! Our first night drew a total of 9 players, all coordinated through RaidCall voice communications, representing three different Christian guilds. We had veteran WvW players and people that have never done this before! Most importantly, we had an outstanding time of fellowship and fun as we worked together through many captures and defends. [wGOD] now boast a membership roster of 15, and this is without 2 of my own WvW guildies that cannot join due to having too many guild memberships already. A success thus far!

Thanks to those that have participated and thanks for Legacy of Elijah [LoE] for generously donating siege blueprints for future events!

For more info, please contact me here or send me a message in-game at xivor.8754.

Thanx Xivor,
Was a lot of fun meeting some new Christians
and keeping those reds on their toes lol

Hello again everyone! Xivor here again, GL of Chariot of Fire [FIRE] and World Versus World For God [wGOD]. I just wanted to give you all an update as to the state of the [wGOD] guild and announce our next event.

In the past few weeks, we have slowly grew our membership up slightly. We are now boasting 17 members. A couple members and potential members that are from another clan (SOLA) that do not have a guild in Guild Wars but have 4-5 clan members that play. They are discussing switching servers from the various servers they plan on in order to do more organized WvW. As well, Saints3G are still discussing whether to enter into a partnership with us, which is totally awesome!

That being said, I'd like to announce that [FIRE]'s own Elchanan is now flagging a Commander tag! A few of us chipped in to assist with his new investment after displaying some awesome leadership in WvW during our first event night when I had to go AFK.

This coming Saturday, January 25, at 6pm server time, 9pm eastern time, I intend to gather up the force and run a Commander-led Havoc squad into one of the borderlands for supply disruption, tower and camp capping, and keep defense. Like last time, we will meet in Raidcall Group ID: 7842174 and we will meet at Minister's Waypoint in Divinity Reach. From there, we will party up, gather our seige weapons and our consumables, and hit the borderlands!

There is still an open invitation for membership. If there are any others in your guild that would like to participate, please message me in-game at xivor.8754. Speak to those that have participated or message me yourself if you would like more information! Any and all of you are invited to join!

just bumping this up to remind loe that run www solo on saturday nights
you can hook up with wgod
we been runnig a 10-15 man group
also on reset nights also
start time is around 9:00pm est

Back