Cloning Souls?

First I am going to assume that everyone who discusses this agrees there are such things as souls, and also that animals don't have souls.

But here is my question. If we were to make a human clone, would it have a soul, could we convert it to Christianity, or would it be a man without a conscious, or morals? What do you think.

Ultimately, God is the Creator. He is the Bringer of life. Yes, man may be able to create a shell, but that is all that it would be. There would be no soul.

Ref: Psalms 22 and Psalms 71

If there is such a thing as a soul, then I do not believe it can be 'cloned.' But I do not believe that there is such a thing as a soul. Say we cloned a human. Do you think it would act any differently than an uncloned human, assuming the cloning process was performed correctly? Of course, human cloning is an entirely seperate issue; I'm only talking hypothetically.

Mr. Bill, I beleive I clearly stated that those who post need to be in agreement that there are souls. I think that if we could clone a human, things such as conscious would be gone, and they would be no more than animals, living on instinct not morals. Don't ask me to define morals please, it is besides the point.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]could we convert it to Christianity, or would it be a man without a conscious, or morals?

U are not born with morals, they are taught to u by your parent.
No one is born christian its a choice, so I don't see y not.

i would think of it as another person. i have no idea... though. i THINK it'll be it WILL have one...

If everyone is in agreement of what souls are Penguin, please enlighten the rest of us.

What is a Soul?

Where does it reside?

Is it discernable by any senses?

Is it measurable?

How did you come to the conclusion to the answers above?

A soul is the entity inside of a human, that supports conscious, and relationship with God. If anyone has a dissagreement or comment of what souls are, I am all ears. BTW DV, do you believe that souls exsist?

I tend not to be presumptuous in believing in things I don't have proof of. Or haven't you noticed that by now?
smile.gif

You weren't very specific, so let me rephrase my questions.

What is this "entity" that you call a soul? An entity is defined as something that has separate and distinct existence and objective or conceptual reality.

You said it resides in the human body. Where in the human body? In the brain, heart, kidney?

The last time I checked, the BRAIN regulated consciousness, not this entity you refer to as a soul.

You skipped my last three questions, so I will repeat them in cased you accidentally missed them:

Is it discernable by any senses?

Is it measurable? (Quantifiable?)

How did you come to the conclusion to the answers above?

I have indeed noticed you are presumptious.

As far as residing in the human body, it is a spiritual thing, thus to name where it the body it exsists would be impossible.

It is descernable, if you have a relationship with God, or at least so I assume, considering I have had a relationship with God since I was very very young, and before then, I don't remeber anything.

Once again it is not physical, so thus it can't be measured by the physical.

Those answers are merely my oppinion, which comes from living in a Christian background.

You never answered the question as to whether or not you believe in souls, but considering your comment it is easy to assume you don't.

I intended this to be a discussion of whether or not clones would have souls, regardless of what a soul is. If you want to talk souls that go to Mr. Bills link about souls if you don't mind

so. figuratively. the soul could be in the brain's memory. this is kind of a weird controversial topic. can't really be explained.

-edited: in my mind there is nothing more to be said. however, lemme see what you guys have posted...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Penguin Slayer @ Nov. 13 2004,3:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I have indeed noticed you are presumptious.

What have I done, or said, to make you believe that I am presumptuous?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]As far as residing in the human body, it is a spiritual thing, thus to name where it the body it exsists would be impossible.

If it is a spiritual thing, why does it need to reside in a physical body? What constraints keep it housed in our bodies? What causes it to leave our body?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]It is descernable, if you have a relationship with God, or at least so I assume, considering I have had a relationship with God since I was very very young, and before then, I don't remeber anything.

How is it discernable to those who have a relationship with God and not to those who don't? How do you discern it? How is it recognizable?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Once again it is not physical, so thus it can't be measured by the physical.

Doesn't this contradict yoru above statement? How is it discernable if it isn't measurable by physical means (ie, your five senses)?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Those answers are merely my oppinion, which comes from living in a Christian background.

In other words, you can't back it up with fact, evidence or reason?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You never answered the question as to whether or not you believe in souls, but considering your comment it is easy to assume you don't.

I thought I answered it quite plainly. I said, "I tend not to be presumptuous in believing in things I don't have proof of." With no proof or evidence, then how can I believe in it? If it's not discernable to those who don't believe in God, then how can I discern it?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I intended this to be a discussion of whether or not clones would have souls, regardless of what a soul is. If you want to talk souls that go to Mr. Bills link about souls if you don't mind

No problem. Feel free to cut this discussion and post your replies in the other thread.

Thank you.

DV, no I have no proof nor can I back it up. I was not contradicting myself. It is only discernable through supernatual means. I much prefer a straight answer, as there are so many exceptions to almost everything, and lastly, What I said is in need of editing, I meant to say "not" presumptuous. I have no proof of that which is supernatural, save for the accounts given in the Bible. You may find this obscure, but I will continue to believe what the Bible tells me, even if I die believing a lie. There are some people who never believe anything they read. How do we know for example that The history books are true? Perhaps the documents, and writtings and such were myths or lies. In Fact, there is more proof outside of the Bible that Jesus rose from the dead, than that Julious Ceaser ever lived, yet no one questions the fact that he was an emperor.

PHEW, I didn't think I had been presumptuous in anything.

As for the supernatural...if it is only discernable through supernatural means, then how can you be sure it exists?

That's like me telling you the Invisible Pink Unicorn exists, but since it is a supernatural being, we, as humans, cannot discern it. Therefore, it exists. Seems silly doesn't it? But you are telling me that very same thing.

You say that you have no proof of that which is supernatural, except what is in the Bible. How can you say that second,third or fourthhand stories are PROOF? If my brother's cousin's second ex-wife's hair dresser said he saw a UFO, would you regard that as PROOF of a UFO?

Believe whatever you want to believe. I don't question your beliefs, I question WHY you believe in the things you do. This thread is a perfect example of what I mean. You have no proof whatsoever of souls, but you believe in them wholeheartedly. It's your REASONING that I question.

There are OTHER proofs that the "pink invisible unicorn" exists too. Can you explain that ALL of the 200 prophecies (not exact but +200 prophecies) about Jesus ALL came true?
wow.gif

and you don't NEED science to proove anything.
tounge.gif

Nor can science prove anything
I mean, there was a scientific law about spontaneous generation, but eventually Louis Pasture proved something that had been believed since 600 A.D. wrong. Who knows, someday we might learn that something that was always believed is wrong.

Ah, but that's the beauty of science, not it's downfall.

We arrive at a conclusion based on the evidence we have at hand. When new evidence arises, science changes to accept it.

But what is the point, you could die believing that there is no God, and when you die, they could find such evidence (while the chances of such a thing are slim) The world is Evidence enough for me, because there is no other logic explaination for how it got here.

Back