"Classic" TF2 game night?

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Okay, so it seems there's not much interest in a "retro" TF2 server. I can accept that.

But what about a game night where we only play with the weapons that TF2 shipped with? Or only weapons introduced in the first round of class updates?

I'm not suggesting a weekly game night (though I wouldn't be opposed to it). I was thinking of either a one-time event or a "whenever we feel like it, we'll schedule the next one" type of event. Or a monthly event. Whatever people want.

What do you all think? A "classic" TF2 game night might bring in some of the people who put the game down after Valve started treating TF2 like a billboard instead of an actual game.

well, that might... and I do mean might, peek my interest into installing the game again..... no guarantees though

Um doesn't Vanilla night happen every time the Valve servers are overloaded... :p

I'll have to see if their is a config I can make to disable new weapons. I did make one for default settings, crits, no class limits, etc. /see TF2 admin forums for how to use it.

well, that might... and I do mean might, peek my interest into installing the game again..... no guarantees though

You have to come back at least once if I ever get my maps to public beta release too Whon! :)

Last edited:
A 'Classic' TF2 game night would probably bring me back to play TF2; at least for that night. Only base weapons, no extra crazy items. I always did like the random crits. Just pure, simple fun the way the game was meant to be.

I do keep the game installed and up to date but have not played for a long time because the game is totally a different game that when I first started playing it.

1) Crits will be enabled?

2) Does this mean I won't be allowed to Airblast?

1) Crits will be enabled?

2) Does this mean I won't be allowed to Airblast?

I haven't looked researched disabling weapons as yet but I am fairly certain I could not disable any changes made to weapons, airblast, engineers being able to move things, etc.

I've got it set up so I can turn off all added weapons (no cosmetic weapon or item should be disabled). If you guys want it run tonight let me know. The only cravat is it requires enabling tournament mode which disables auto balance and requires someone on each team to press F4 to confirm starting the round. There was a plugin option which wouldn't require tournament mode but it's currently broken and usable according to it's thread.

I've also got the config set to enable random crits and all other stock functions of TF2 when I disable the weapons (though I may change it if enough people cry).

Last edited:
Back