Christian MMO - "Visions"

Strife412

Things have progressed since I posted in the ToJ General forum, and so I've decided to post this information here, to see who is interested in playing. First, a little run down on what the game's goal is to become, and then a HUGE request that I have of everyone here in the CGA.

Heaven's Blessings Tiny Zoo is the developer of the game "Visions." Visions begins in the year 100 AD, and progresses through the years of the early church. Your character grows in knowledge and wisdom, gaining skills and abilities that help them survive, thrive, and glorify God. In this world are many perils and dangers, but also help and friends. You take on the life of a person in this world, and learn to live in this time period. Throughout your travels, you'll be given certain quests that will give you a vision of the past, where you will visit places and times in Scripture, and be able to interact with the people there.

While this is a recruitment post to get people interested in the game, it's also a prayer request. The largest quest line in this game is going to be about Scripture. This is the "epic" quest. I don't want to give away details about the quests or anything, but let's suffice to say, that God led me to volunteer for Heaven's Blessings Tiny Zoo, and at first they wanted me as a mere tech tester, but have since given me the responsibility to design this line of Scripture quests. So, I want to ask you all to pray that God will instill in my heart a true and full awe in Him, and His Word. That I enter into this, not just with excitement and joy, but also fear and trembling.

Thank you all.

-Aaron

Wow, that sounds really great! Will pray for you!
I can't wait to see the game.

I'd love to see a great Christian MMORPG - but I wonder if it is possible. A great MMORPG AND a great Christian experience...seems hard to put together. I'll have to wait and see.

I'll be praying for you, and for Heavens Blessing Tiny Zoo. This sounds like a well inspired project, and I sincerely hope that it works out.

All the attempts at a Christian game I have seen (and that is not very many) - whether online or just computer based - have been pretty lame.

There is not enough action for hard core gamers - and too much violence and questionable activities for people looking for a nice little stroll through a game with biblical references that anyone in the family can participate in.

We'll have to see - and I'd love to see it and I'm praying for you guys working on it - but - for right now I'll take a real game with Christian friends.

Last edited:
I think it could be fun... Especially if you (the development team) as Christian gamers 1) stay true to the calling/vision God's putting on you and 2) pursue what you're doing with excellence.

I think where "Christian gaming" has fallen down in the past was when designers tried to please everyone and cooked it down to mush. You just can't make everyone happy in a/the church and at some point you need to say, "THIS is what I'm doing here; THAT is fine for another project at another time."

So what is YOUR purpose for making a Christian MMO? What is the vision of "Visions"?

I think it could be an awesome undertaking... But I'm sure it's going to be difficult so make sure you have your mission clear for when the going gets tough. God bless you. Thanks for raising the bar in gaming.

Well, prayers have been answered. I stepped down as a quest writer, but have volunteered to stay involved in other areas. Things didn't exactly come together as we had hoped, and I would have been more of a hindrance than a help to the development of the game.

Back