Christian Gaming Clans List

abyssknight

Hi, I am a member of thedaggers.net clan, but on the side I would like to start a list of all active Christian Gaming Clans, their games, and servers. So far I haven't really planned much, but what I am considering will take a lot of work. I am thinking about creating a searchable database of Christian Gaming clans. To start off I would like to get all the information I can. I have read and seen many clans in game and out of game, as I play Counter-Strike actively on TD, and have looked through various links and such from other well known clans. I want to do this so that we as a Christian gaming community can recognize one another whether in game, or out. Honestly, I have no idea what will become of this, or if it will take off like I hope it does. This may lead to a clan battle system, or it may just stay an informational database for others to see, but either way I believe it would be very useful. So please, if you have any clan information about active or inactive Christian gaming clans please email me, or do whatever it takes to get ahold of me.

Thank you,
-Abyss

P.S. I am taking this on as a personal project. Please understand I am not going to share any of this information with 3rd parties such as spammers, advertisers, etc. It is ONLY for the growth and recognition of the Christian Gaming Community. That is all.

Check at Crystabels' Corner as well.  She has some gaming connections  
wink.gif

http://home.tampabay.rr.com/cryscorner/home.html

Check under Multi-gaming Guilds and Gaming Sites.

I am now considering a CMS like system for this.

Users could join, clans could request addition to the system, etc.

I'll post more when the details are worked out.
biggrin.gif

If you get all the info could you relay it to Tek as this would be a great tool for CGA... CGA was created as a centrepoint for all christian gaming clans.. It often gets confused with ToJ which is actually a subsidiary of it.

Hmm, maybe CGA might want to take the reigns on this then.

I'd love to help out as much as possible though.

Here's a link to how I thought it might work:

http://www.abyssknight.com/himages/cgcd.htm

Most of this, I am sure could be implemented, and possibly integrated into CGA's existing site.

I was considering using phpnuke for the project, with a few additions for the ladders, and clan display.

Thats really cool u want to integrate it into our community. Can u email me with what u are planning/what u have/what u need and i will try to get some of the CGA staff to come give u a hand..lol.

Looks like a very ambitious project to incrporate the databases from clans liek MoG. But i think there are a lt of things there that CGA already has setup...Like the prayer newsletter we have for example.

This sounds like a great idea, and I'm glad you have the initiative to take this project upon yourself.

My only recollection of TheDaggers is that their CS mods were really uptight and strict. Like, granny strict.
rock.gif

I am glad that you all are willing to hear me out. I think that this would work very well if implemented correctly. I'll start digging a little deeper then.

In response to the comment about TD's admins, yes we are strict, as the server is a private one, and it is intended to be a Christ-like environment for children and adults alike to play CS. Each clan has their own standards and rules, but Christ is what we should all have in common.
smile.gif

I'll take a look at everything tonight and maybe drop you some mail rizz.

I know, I have like 3 posts, and I'm speaking out about some crazy additions, but hey, it's cool.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]In response to the comment about TD's admins, yes we are strict, as the server is a private one, and it is intended to be a Christ-like environment for children and adults alike to play CS. Each clan has their own standards and rules, but Christ is what we should all have in common.

Ya i agree if our server was private then we would enforce the toj rules with much less leniency.. We have enough problems as it is...lol.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I know, I have like 3 posts, and I'm speaking out about some crazy additions, but hey, it's cool.

Well anyone willing to help out is worth their salt in my book.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rizz @ July 28 2004,2:00)]Well anyone willing to help out is worth their salt in my book.
eh, don't tell AK that, he'll get a big head
tounge.gif

I'm assuming this is what you IM'd me about earlier.

I still say, give me a holler later tonite.

Kidan, you're right on.

This is exactly what I was asking you about.

Now I just need to figure out what exactly I need to do...

Oh yeah, rewrite half of phpnuke to be a clan system.

... give me awhile. lol.

Greetings. Just wanted to make it known that we have a Christian Dark Age of Camelot guild on the Albion/Nimue server. You can check out our website at www.killagh.com.

We're a new guild and if you're interested in becoming an officer/etc in a Christian DAoC guild we have ample opportunity.

abyssknight, I am building my own CMS (PureNuke), which might be a viable option for a clansite. You just let me know what plugins you want for it, and I will get them over to you! I will MSN you later with details.

oh, I got a clan. I'm in the WPA (wolf pack alliance) its the leetest one man clan on bnet. It was founded about 4 years ago by dave, but due to his lack of particiapation, I have taken over. we (or "I") meet in chan wpa on us east server on bnet. heh, be sure to add my clan to your data base.
wink.gif

Back